News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Will it work one day ?

Started by thomas, May 29, 2010, 03:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viina

yesss!!!! finally you did it for me :D I was thinking to write about the same. Yeah this thread is making me sick as well.

Manfred

Some people are getting sick and tired because of all these whiners and others are getting sick and tired because of those who hallow the drumit5 and deny all the problems. There are several users who have quality issues with their kit. In germany there is a good support by hyperactive but obviously not in all countries.

rythm

Let´s not make this an us and them discussion, shall we?
There are enough drumming sites with hardcore fans.
Instead, be serious and try to help eachother, that makes this forum and members more respectable.

p929

Quote from: rythm on June 08, 2010, 10:02:28 PM
Let´s not make this an us and them discussion, shall we?......
Instead, be serious and try to help eachother,.....

I agree on this. If somebody post here about his/her issues with the set, is just simply because it seems to be the only place on the web, where people 'exchange' experiences and ideas around the 2box. There's not even a place like this within  www.2box.se . Also, if somebody is whining ..is actually asking for help; if the solution were to sell the kit, they would have done it already. For instance, at the initial post Thomas says: "Or could they explain how to play it to make it sound properly?", doesn't that sound like he's asking for advice?...at least it does for me!

I bought mine and still having issues, I'm waiting for that software update that hopefully will solve most of them (cymbal triggering, cross talk, metronome, mp3 support..), but if after that my problems are not solve, I would come here, there the 'community' is willing to help itself.

Yeah, it's true that it is a cheap set compared with TD20, but there are 2000 euros!!, for some people it's a lot of money, therefore, they expect the best of it, right?

hwasser

Quote from: p929 on June 09, 2010, 05:52:57 AM
I bought mine and still having issues, I'm waiting for that software update that hopefully will solve most of them (cymbal triggering, cross talk, metronome, mp3 support..), but if after that my problems are not solve, I would com here, there the 'community' is willing to me itself.

Still waiting here too . thinking of downloading some recorded metronome sounds in several tempos to the module

UC

Hey Thomas....As I understand it the guys at 2box have been trying really hard to help with your issues. It's a shame that you're not loving your kit as much as everyone else is, but please try and stay objective, I'm sure things will work out ok.

As for Cymbalzone issues, I followed Spoenk's advice from months ago (somewhere in some thread) and set the Ride to the "rim" pad type and it has played beautifully ever since. I also play it without the screw on so I can hit it flatly across the top of the bell, that really helps too.

roel

Quote from: UC on June 09, 2010, 08:54:04 AM
Hey Thomas....As I understand it the guys at 2box have been trying really hard to help with your issues. It's a shame that you're not loving your kit as much as everyone else is, but please try and stay objective, I'm sure things will work out ok.

As for Cymbalzone issues, I followed Spoenk's advice from months ago (somewhere in some thread) and set the Ride to the "rim" pad type and it has played beautifully ever since. I also play it without the screw on so I can hit it flatly across the top of the bell, that really helps too.

what was Spoenk's advice? what do you mean by setting the ride to the rim pad type? can you explain?

hwasser

Quote from: roel on June 09, 2010, 03:52:16 PM
what was Spoenk's advice? what do you mean by setting the ride to the rim pad type? can you explain?

You can set "pad type" under the triggersetting menu to different pads. Rim-thing didn't help me at all, same thing.

UC

You know what, I tracked down Spoenk's post and it was actually about the bass drum  ???

I'll check my settings when I get home, because I'm sure I've got my ride set to Rim right now, and haven't had any loud misfires since!

hwasser

Quote from: UC on June 10, 2010, 08:22:37 AM
You know what, I tracked down Spoenk's post and it was actually about the bass drum  ???

I'll check my settings when I get home, because I'm sure I've got my ride set to Rim right now, and haven't had any loud misfires since!

The problems with the cymbals is that the bell is on a small part on the middle of the cymbal, and the bell about 0,5 cm from the skrew

Calimero

Quote from: rythm on June 08, 2010, 06:38:23 PM

Thomas: Talk to the seller again and make sure he understands his responsibilities.

Lets not forget, 2box has responsibilities to the seller as well.how can the shop help the customer if 2box doesnt help the shop?what is the shop supposed to do with the broken gear?they also paid for it,they also have warranty.
Its true,everything can be broken,even the thickest cymbal and heaviest hardware.. thats not the point of this discussion,it s about how this is going to be solved. and trust me,stating that you just simply play to loud or that you are a bad drummer ect,is not good for 2box' reputation.a drumset should be able to take some abuse.(see ddrum)
For 2box's sake I hope that that there arent much shopowners reading along,they arent waiting on this kind of hassle and will stick to roland or yamaha.not because they sound better,but simply because they have an excellent customer service.

rythm

Quote from: Calimero on June 10, 2010, 02:34:12 PM
For 2box's sake I hope that that there arent much shopowners reading along,they arent waiting on this kind of hassle and will stick to roland or yamaha.not because they sound better,but simply because they have an excellent customer service.

Not quite true. At least Roland don´t always have an excellent service. I know it from my own experience and my dealer, who helped me, knows it.

thomas

hi everybody,
I reply one more time because I got some time to loose.
May be I was one of the most unlucky,ok.
But what is wrong for 2box is that more than the alu rim that broke, the polycarbonate one break too.
May be I will receive a new kit between august and september but I've bought it in october 2009!
And I'm sure the conception problem will still be!
I don't wan't to get in all the dicussions I read.
The question is simple : what is the product? and how does it work?
The product isn't well made and it doesn't work properly.
Moreover, yamaha and roland have made new pad technology last year, cf dtx 900.
We can see on the web people who explain how they made their own kit themselves and I was puzzled when I saw that we can make a proper digital pad from a remo entertainement pad and when I saw the difference between the ddrum4 pad and the drumit5 pad which is not reliable.
Let's talk again in 6 months when the next shipment will be distributed and when more and more people will ,have trouble with this kit that isn't ok.
To answer to people who have nothing better to do to take me for someone who will break everything and think I could sell it, who would want a drumit5 with broken rims, stuck mesh heads and broken hihat?
I would tell to everyone who want to buy a drumit5 to read an advice on audiofanzine.fr or an otherone from one guy who wanted to sound it well on a record who ,said he would replace the hihat, the cymbals, the kick,...to get it well.
So this is not good work. Of course nothing as well as clavia or ddrum........
Let's see what will be ameliorated next year, I'm sure nothing could work before the drumit 6.

Insider

Hello Thomas
I think you should start to tell everyone the truth. You have been offered a brand new kit of the next shipment when it arrives next month. This will also have the brilliant new stand. It is a shame you haven't told anyone on this forum that piece of information. Maybe it could be that you just want to try and damage 2Box?

roel

I can't believe how unlucky thomas is with his set, I've got my set now 3 months now and I've got the new update v.1.10 all is working ok and I've got now problems with my set at all.