News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Will it work one day ?

Started by thomas, May 29, 2010, 03:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomas

Hello everybody,

I got it 6 months ago and all my problems aren't resolved yet ( cf " my low quality kit " ), so I try to play on my broken drum wish was broken by my distributor who has stuck the head with the pad...pffff...
I still don't know if it works normally or not but it seems that when it works normally, it doesn't.
Can anybody play well with the cymbals and the hihat ?
The response is very bad one mine. I have to calibrate my hihat each time I play but it's not enough. It doesn't sound correctly. Moreover, the chinese screw that fix it is 3 turns more than at the beginning when I fix it because of its low quality. When I play on my hihat and when I beat several times with the same movement it doesn't sound the same at each time. The response is so bad that I can't play properly.
When I play with the cymbals it's the same, the response on the top zone is horrible and sometimes it doesn't sound at all...
Moreover there is a big difference of volume between the 2 zones of each cymbal and hihat.
I've tried all with this hihat but nothing works.
So now, I bought 2000 euros a drumkit that has never worked like it would and I finally understand that It's not made to work.
This drum was presented as the ddrum5 but it's a toy for kids.
2box built a drum that doesn't work ten years after the ddrum4 wish was working properly...
Many people had problems with it in this first year it's sold but today nothing is correct!
Can anybody play it like we play on a drum ?
How can 2box make the drumit5 with a technology that is worse than 10 years ago?
I use to play the drum for 20 years and I don't know how can people be satisfied with it.
Shall we wait one or two years it works?
Is it not a big joke?
I didn't buy it to hear that may be one day it will be ok.
I didn't buy it not to play it.
I can't believe no one is satisfied so can some one tell me how to play with it?
It's clear I can't play the drumit5 like a drum....
I'm full up with this poop so what I would say to someone who want to buy a drum is :
DO NOT BUY A DRUMIT5.
I've seen many professionnal drummers presenting the product in meetings all around the world.
Did they play on the same product I've at home ?
Or could they explain how to play it to make it sound properly?
I don't know what more to say

Baby Samus

Thomas,

Very sorry to hear you are having such a bad experience with your Drumit5 kit, but I'm afraid that writing comments like this are not very helpful or accurate.

Quote from: thomas on May 29, 2010, 03:00:45 PM
I'm full up with this poop so what I would say to someone who want to buy a drum is :
DO NOT BUY A DRUMIT5.
This drum was presented as the ddrum5 but it's a toy for kids.
2box built a drum that doesn't work ten years after the ddrum4 wish was working properly...
How can 2box make the drumit5 with a technology that is worse than 10 years ago?

I have no problems with my kit after over 6 months with it and many more users here are in the same boat.  Sure it isn't perfect and there are a few niggling issues but 2Box have been fixing those with updates.  The hardware isn't brilliant but it does the job for a home user.  It still costs less than a Roland TD-9, and sounds way better too - in my book thats good value for money.

What would be helpful, is if you post your drumit5 UNIT page settings, so we can check your threshold and gain settings etc and that you have the right pad types selected.  Even the tightness of the mesh heads affect how the kit triggers.  Perhaps then we can start to help you out.

But if you really think the drumit5 is 'poop' etc, I would just get your money back and buy something else.

thomas

hi,
Of course I would have prefered not to have all these problems and I would like to be among all the people for who it works correctly.
My problem isn't that it's not perfect, I know there are many differences between all the electronic drums and between an electronic and an accoustic one.
What I can't understand is that many people have no problem and that my kit is unplayable.
If I would have a normal kit I could really see if the problem is my kit or the drumit5.
My settings are the following : I use the 6 out, one for bass drum, one for snare, one for rims, one for toms, one for hihat, one for cymbals. It's connected to a tascam m1516 wish is connected to a digitech studio quad.
The thresold are to the maximum before double sound, between -40 and -46 or -48.
The gains aren't too heavy, just 4 for the bass drum and 2 for the hihat. The other one are 0. Then I adjust with the volume.
I know the tightness affect the pads but I remember you that algam, the french distributor has stuck the head with the rims with the elastic and what they used to stick it burn the polycarbonate rims and the rubber...
I think my settings are ok and I could really know if it's a poop or not if I would test a normal kit.
It's this situation that is intolerable.
Moreover, I'm not the only one who have problems with the hihat even if updates have been made several times. I have a gibraltar 5600 stand and the half open sound is very difficult to get, the sound when I close with the foot is louder than the closed or opened sound and there is only one volume for the three zones. It's the same for cymbals. So I could wait for update.
My real problem with the hihat that has allready been replaced is that it disassembles itself on the top 2 grey parts wish tend to separate themselves.
A roland td9 or a yamaha dtx is what it is but it works as it is ( and on an old dtx press we can adjust all parts of the hihat ).
It's not the case for my kit. It's why I'm disapointed.
Today my kit isn't reliable at all and I don't understand why lower range is more reliable.
What would be helpful for me is to have a normal kit.
It's what I said to 2box.
I need to test a normal kit to know if it's ok or not , to know if I should better buy something else or not.

Baby Samus

Perhaps you could post a video with sound so we can see and hear your problems, or even just sound?

hwasser

Quote from: Baby Samus on May 30, 2010, 03:00:57 PM
Perhaps you could post a video with sound so we can see and hear your problems, or even just sound?

Everything works good for me, except the cymbalzones and such. And on hihat I have also noticed that some time then and then it goes from a closed to a half-open. But I think its that the hihat moves a little when playing fast, just have to set the low point a little higher I think.

roel

my problems with the drumit five: cymbalszones of the ride are weird when hitting the ride not hard if I set the gain settings for the ride higher than I will get crosstalk with the tom rims,so this will not work good,they need to make a update for this problem for the rest its a perfect system.the hihat works very good also snare/toms bassdrum no problems at all.

thomas

hi,
the rim of my snare pad is now broken, a new failure like at each time I try to play.
From the beginning just by looking at my kit I saw it's assembled as some poop.
I use to keep my tools for a long time but I've never seen a so breakable drum, even my first drumkit I bought something like 150 euros.
I've been very naive because I could see it from the beginning and I didn't want to believe it.
I don't know how you all play with it.
Some people took me for a duck when I said 6 months ago that the drumit 5 wasn't ok yet.
There is a big problem of conception, fabrication and distribution.
The rims break, am I the only one ( I repeat I'm not a brute, I've even changed to thiner sticks since I try to play with it, I was allready affraid it could break )?
The kick breaks, I'm not the only one. The hihat makes his own life and breaks. I'm not the only one. The same for the cymbals.
So today I'm sure it's a poop and I would say to anybody not to buy it.
I should have kept in my head that a new product can have start problems.
But I couldn't imagine that clavia or ddrum could make a so bad job, by building in china, by selling something that has nothing from the ddrum4, just an unplayable, disassembling toy even a beginner wouldn't want.
I first tried to make the situation better by listing all what was wrong on my kit to help to ameliorate the product. Now I know everything is wrong from the matters to the factory. I'm sure of what I saw at the beginning and what I think now. We can see this kind of work when we go in a "all at one dollar" shop and where there are pressure coocker wish are not round or spoons you eat one time it breaks...etc.. I don't know what you got at home but it's the case for me.
So I asked for my money.I can sit on it.
The dealer say I have to see with the constructor and 2box say I have to see with the dealer. And both assure me I can enjoy on a breaking unplayable fudging disassembling toy.
This is how finishes all my headackes with it.
2box can keep the money and the product. I don't care I stop music now and I wish you all enjoy the fuckit 5 and bring it to hell.

hwasser

Have you talked to the distributor about the broken things on your drumset, because they will have to send you new ones

roly

(Hello, I'm from france and new here :) )

Hey, I planned to buy a 2Box today (with double mesh heads and hihat and snare stands), but you're about to make me doubt!

Pleease I expect some other comments about the 2box :(
It seems to be really awesome, but the hardware is as bad as that ???
I don't wan't my kit to break...

Baby Samus

Roly,

See my earlier comments....

Quote from: Baby Samus on May 29, 2010, 08:51:23 PM

I have no problems with my kit after over 6 months with it and many more users here are in the same boat.  Sure it isn't perfect and there are a few niggling issues but 2Box have been fixing those with updates.  The hardware isn't brilliant but it does the job for a home user.  It still costs less than a Roland TD-9, and sounds way better too - in my book thats good value for money.

Thomas is clearly very unhappy but it sounds like his dealer is not being very helpful - 2Box does not sell the kits directly so its up to the dealer to sort out his issues.  If you look through the forums you will find many threads about the problems with the kit, and you will also find sound demo's and positive comments to make up your own mind.

I love my kit and it works fine, no hardware problems except for a couple of the rims coming loose but they just slot back in so not really an issue.  The new rims are polycarb so it is nigh on impossible to break them with a drum stick.  In the end you must read all the comments, listen to the demo's, and make up your own mind.  Noone can decide except for you...

madmanmafimardi

Quote from: roly on June 08, 2010, 10:12:18 AM
(Hello, I'm from france and new here :) )

Hey, I planned to buy a 2Box today (with double mesh heads and hihat and snare stands), but you're about to make me doubt!

Pleease I expect some other comments about the 2box :(
It seems to be really awesome, but the hardware is as bad as that ???
I don't wan't my kit to break...

buy it.

the guy who started this thread did not use his 20 years or so being a drum geek he has to many problems a violent kid on an instrument would cause, I have used my 20 years or so to learn and play, buy and sell drums and I have NO problems at all.
I have heard people that played for 30-40- years and many of them still suck, years of use is not a pointer too how experienced you are, only what a guy do in these years counts even if its 1 or 2 years.

puttenvr

Roly

Some people just don't have the luck they deserve
And some (other) people are able to break everything. Even Sonor hardware and Zildjian Z cymbals
There are plenty of drummers around the world playing with the 2Box without any problems at all
So: go for it

roel

Quote from: puttenvr on June 08, 2010, 03:45:18 PM
Roly

Some people just don't have the luck they deserve
And some (other) people are able to break everything. Even Sonor hardware and Zildjian Z cymbals
There are plenty of drummers around the world playing with the 2Box without any problems at all
So: go for it

I am a very happy 2box drumit five user, the only problem I got is the weird cymbal/ride triggering sometimes.
and I am waiting for 1 extra cymbal, and a 14 inch tom.
but it is a great e-kit! :rock:

rythm

It´s sad to read Thomas story. He could´ve had really bad luck with his kit, but as stated earlier, it also depends on how you handle your gear.
From what I read his dealer ought to be much more helpful
From my experience, the e-kits I´ve owned have so far never broken (ddrums, Roland, DrumIt).
But I´ve smashed several acoustic cymbals, heads, hardware and even tom shells.
Thomas: Talk to the seller again and make sure he understands his responsibilities.
I wish you luck and hope you come back with new gear and a smile.

a700256

I do not know about you, but I am really getting sick and tired of all of the whiners on this forum. If you can not work out your issues with your kit, then sell it on ebay and you will get your money back and maybe even make a profit!!! The waiting list is still long and someone will buy it from you, as long as you are asking a reasonable asking price. You will not get top dollar for a kit that you mis-handled and broke due to your own carelessness. After you sell it, go and buy the other Roland and Alesis junk out there and complain on their forums about your issues or your lack of talent or other excuses that you want someone else to hear. In this world, you get what you pay for, as in "Caveat Emptor" and if you do not like what you have then turn it over to someone else through ebay or Craig's List. No one is holding a gun to your head to buy this kit and if you find out that its not for you, after you buy it, then sell it and move on. All of this whining is totally counter-productive to the very reasons why this forum was made in the first place. It does not accomplish very much, it waists space and brings the rest of down, that do not have any issues with this kit. Maybe its time, that we get back into a positive mode and post some constructive tips, suggestions or other ideas that will actually mean something. In the working world, its very foolish to complain about something and not offer a potential solution. People that do that are seen as whiners and usually end up out of a job at some point in their career. On the other hand, those who are able to meet a problem head on and come up with a successful solution, are usually the ones getting the promotions. Food for thought!