News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Drumit 3 or 5 triggering compared to Ddrum4SE

Started by SynapticGroove, April 22, 2018, 04:42:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SynapticGroove

Hello 2Box users,

For anyone familiar with both the Drumit modules and the Ddrum4SE module, is the 2Box as fast with triggering as the Ddrum4SE, faster, slower, etc.?

I only ask because I am thinking of taking the plunge and grabbing a 2Box module, for the extra storage space alone, but I probably won't if it's only marginally better than a Ddrum4SE.

Any/all thoughts and opinions are both welcomed and appreciated!

welshsteve

I had the ddrum4se and have both the drumit5 and 3. Technically, I am sure the Ddrum4 is faster, it was one of if not the fastest triggering module ever made. But the speed difference (if any) with the 2box you will not likely notice, I don't. There are occasions that a certain sound seems every so slightly laggy, but then there others are not. I am sure this is because there's a small amount of silence before the waveform on the sample.
Sound quality-wise, there's no comparison. The 2box eats the ddrum4 in terms of dynamics and fidelity of sound quality. Being able to put ANY sound you can conceive very easily makes it still an amazing little module.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

SynapticGroove

Thanks for your insight, Welshsteve.  Yep, the open source architecture and amount of available storage pique my interest.  I'm a little dismayed that it seems I might be getting into the 2Box game a little late since they've ceased making hardware, but it's not terribly concerning.

I was also looking at the Pearl Mimic pro, but I've already got what it offers in the form of a computer with a lot of drum samplers/drum samples, so the price point for a closed system doesn't really make sense to me.

2Box has captivated me since I first thought about the Clavia engineers essentially moving forward with the Ddrum5 concept, and then some.

Your feedback certainly helps me believe that I'm heading in the right direction.