News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

2Box drumit 3 module

Started by KnipeDrums, April 16, 2018, 02:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KnipeDrums

Can someone let me know who is selling the Drumit 3 module in the United States? I have been looking all over with no luck. Thanks, Tom

ANGR77

Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Slamstick

Cymbalism Music  might still have 2 Box too, not sure. They had moved from Hawaii to the Us in the last 2 years or so

Jman

Quote from: Stoked2 on April 16, 2018, 11:44:58 PM
Cymbalism Music  might still have 2 Box too, not sure. They had moved from Hawaii to the Us in the last 2 years or so
Yeah, I talked to Scott (Cymbalism) in March and he was going to check into the availability through Hoshino, http://cymbalismmusic.com/
and Erik (EdrumCenter formerly RMC Audio) https://edrumcenter.com/ was going to check into getting the Drumit Three also.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Jman

Erik (eDrumCenter) is putting in an order for the Drumit Three modules (they are now available from the distributor in the US), he mentioned if anyone is interested to contact him as he will add to the order he is putting together. J

96max5sp

Jman,

What are your thoughts on the Drumit 3 module compared to the Drumit 5? Any input on hi hat functionality? I keep hearing mixed reviews about it. I would imagine its the same but more compatible just curious if you noticed any deficiencies with it.

Thanks!

Slamstick

J , glad to hear that Erik Hamm is back in the 2 box business. He told me a while ago, he was tempted to go back in and  was in contact with 2 box

Jman

Quote from: 96max5sp on April 19, 2018, 12:40:54 PM
Jman,

What are your thoughts on the Drumit 3 module compared to the Drumit 5? Any input on hi hat functionality? I keep hearing mixed reviews about it. I would imagine its the same but more compatible just curious if you noticed any deficiencies with it.

Thanks!
The Drumit Three as far as sound engine is equal to the D5. I haven't had a chance to do much HH testing yet. I only have hooked up a few dif. type of HH controllers and they all worked/calibrated OK. The Mimic is my main module, 2Box D3 is the add on, so I am only using the 2Box HH input for my Aux/fixed hat. When I get some time I will be hooking the main kit including the Hi Hat to the 2Box D3 to do some testing ...

96max5sp

Quote from: Jman on April 19, 2018, 08:50:44 PM
The Drumit Three as far as sound engine is equal to the D5. I haven't had a chance to do much HH testing yet. I only have hooked up a few dif. type of HH controllers and they all worked/calibrated OK. The Mimic is my main module, 2Box D3 is the add on, so I am only using the 2Box HH input for my Aux/fixed hat. When I get some time I will be hooking the main kit including the Hi Hat to the 2Box D3 to do some testing ...

Ok thanks!

I am looking forward to any insight you have comparing the modules. I know its not apples to apples but a comparison to the mimic play-ability wise would be great too, i know features are way different :)

welshsteve

Having both the drumit3 and 5, the hihat function on the 3 is FAR superior. I really like it and along with some of the new hihat sounds makes for a very pleasurable playing experience live. I also really like it's got a clean rimshot separation.On the drumit5 I only ever got a Rim and center sound together, not a clean rimshot so it's largely the same but has some much better triggering. I also really like the bell/bow/edge separation on Roland style cymbals!
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

96max5sp

Quote from: welshsteve on April 20, 2018, 12:47:45 PM
Having both the drumit3 and 5, the hihat function on the 3 is FAR superior. I really like it and along with some of the new hihat sounds makes for a very pleasurable playing experience live. I also really like it's got a clean rimshot separation.On the drumit5 I only ever got a Rim and center sound together, not a clean rimshot so it's largely the same but has some much better triggering. I also really like the bell/bow/edge separation on Roland style cymbals!

Thats good news, thanks for the info!

Once some more US retailers get some in I am thinking of "upgrading" my drumit 5. I was just concerned about some of the posts in the vdrums forum about hihat issues. I really want to get the compatibility it offers, which is kind of dangerous because then i will be tempted to buy more stuff  :P

welshsteve

I kept the 5 and use them together. 32g card in the 5, 4 in the drumit3 loads of inputs and 12 outputs in total. Can't think of a reason to change that. I mean, the mimic is the top module, and I think no one would think it was a bad move to rid myself of the D5 and D3 in favour of a better module. But the fact I can have ANY multi sample or loop means my kit sounds as old/current as the sounds I like and thus have loaded on them.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

KnipeDrums

Thank You all for the great information. I made a purchase from EdrumCenter. They are carrying the 2Box Drumit3 now and I got one on preorder. I looked at the Mimic but I have decided I want to play my drums that I build and make and that is possible only on a 2Box DI3. Thanks again everyone. Tom