News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

I got my kit today

Started by The D, July 31, 2009, 03:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Travis182

WOW D that sounds absolutely awesome man!!. Bet your over the moon with that, i know i would be. Can't wait till i can actually get my hands on one. I had one pre-ordered but a few things changed and i had to cancel for the first shipment  :'(. But at least i know when i get mine it will sound like that  :).

Can i ask you to do a quick demo with the (way down and the marine band) kits and also if you could, show us some of the loops that are loaded on the kit.

Thanks a lot for posting the demo dude, appreciate you taking the time to do it.

Cheers D

Travis

Scottie

Great job on the mp3 Daz  ;D Wouldn't mind hearing an encore  ;) Reverb will be added to the Unit along with a few other goodies as well, but i can't talk about them at the moment. Just know that 2box are 110% behind this product, to make it as good as they possible can!

Thanks
Scott

tim1987

Well I have got back from my holiday to my lovely drums. I am so chuffed with this kit. The sounds are just incredible. Kit no 1 blew me away and I can't wait to delve deeper into the module. This is so much better to me than the TD20 IMHO as I want samples of the real thing, not models of drums.

But I have had trouble as the mesh head has tore slightly on the tom when I hit it. We have put some tape underneath and that has helped, but it does concern me the same thing will happen with the other heads.

Will any head work such as a Remo 10" or Evans etc, or does it need to be a 2box specific head?

Thanks, and 2box have made a great product, this should be a big hit.

Simpan

Quote from: tim1987 on August 07, 2009, 07:15:15 PM
Well I have got back from my holiday to my lovely drums. I am so chuffed with this kit. The sounds are just incredible. Kit no 1 blew me away and I can't wait to delve deeper into the module. This is so much better to me than the TD20 IMHO as I want samples of the real thing, not models of drums.

But I have had trouble as the mesh head has tore slightly on the tom when I hit it. We have put some tape underneath and that has helped, but it does concern me the same thing will happen with the other heads.

Will any head work such as a Remo 10" or Evans etc, or does it need to be a 2box specific head?

Hey man. According to 2Box any head should work, real heads as well as mesh heads. I've got a real head on my kick trigger right now (since I used felt beaters on the mesh head, they should really put that in the manual...) and it works just fine. Your head tore too? One of my tom heads ripped right open after a few days. The others are just fine however, so I can't seem to figure out why that specific head broke.

Scottie

Quote from: tim1987 on August 07, 2009, 07:15:15 PM

Hey Tim

Really pleased that you are happy with your kit  ;D I think you will have a lot of fun tweaking the sounds.

Can i ask what country you are from?

Thanks
Scott

tim1987

Hi Scott,

I'm from Lancashire and had the kit ordered with Promenade Music.

Many Thanks

Scottie

Quote from: tim1987 on August 08, 2009, 07:40:49 AM
Hi Scott,

I'm from Lancashire and had the kit ordered with Promenade Music.

Many Thanks

Hey Tim

I will PM you with my work email address. If you can then send me your address, i will get you a replacement mesh head out on monday.

Hope this help
Scott

tim1987

Thank you very much for that Scott, I have sent a message to your work email.

Is there a particular type of stick that you would recommend, would nylon tips lessen the chance of the mesh ripping? As I have been using wood tips.

EDIT: I also forgot to say that the feel of these heads are the best I have tried on a e-kit. So responsive, and lots of nuances are achievable, like round the rim, etc.

Also, I'm having trouble with the line in, as it works fine when connecting it to an amp. But when I plug it into my ipod, there is nothing in the phones.

I'm having trouble too with the ride cymbal. The main area triggers both the bow and bell. How do I make it trigger just the bow of the cymbal?

Many Thanks

Scottie

Quote from: tim1987 on August 08, 2009, 10:46:07 AM
Thank you very much for that Scott, I have sent a message to your work email.

Is there a particular type of stick that you would recommend, would nylon tips lessen the chance of the mesh ripping? As I have been using wood tips.

EDIT: I also forgot to say that the feel of these heads are the best I have tried on a e-kit. So responsive, and lots of nuances are achievable, like round the rim, etc.

Also, I'm having trouble with the line in, as it works fine when connecting it to an amp. But when I plug it into my ipod, there is nothing in the phones.

I'm having trouble too with the ride cymbal. The main area triggers both the bow and bell. How do I make it trigger just the bow of the cymbal?

Many Thanks

Hi Tim

Ok with the ride cymbal it sounds like the gain is set to high. If you press UNIT then PAGE DOWN until you get to the TRIG page, you can then press the cymbal pad on the left hand side of the Unit. Then if you look in the center of the display it should have gain listed, simply turn it down with the data dial below it. Does that sort your problem out?

So is the amp just to get the sound of the drums? Then when you try and get some music to play off the iPod you get no sound?

Thanks
Scott

tim1987

Hi Scott,

What I'm doing is trying to get the ipod into the mix with the drums in my headphones. But the Line In input doesn't seem to be working.

The amp actually used the line out, so that doesn't mean much as it's a separate jack.

Thanks
Tim

NeilC

Quote from: tim1987 on August 09, 2009, 08:08:14 PM
Hi Scott,

What I'm doing is trying to get the ipod into the mix with the drums in my headphones. But the Line In input doesn't seem to be working.

The amp actually used the line out, so that doesn't mean much as it's a separate jack.

Thanks
Tim

Hi Tim, see one of Scottie's replies to the iPod issue! Mine needed to be changed too....

"If you press UNIT then PAGE DOWN until you get to the MIX page. Here you should have K-S-H  T-C-P  I-F-S displayed at the top.
Then click the button above I-F-S. From here along the bottom of the screen you should have INPUT - FXRet and SONG. If you move the DATA knob below INPUT, you will see the level on the right hand side move up and down on the display, this is turning up your line in input."

Scottie

Quote from: NeilC on August 10, 2009, 08:31:57 AM
Quote from: tim1987 on August 09, 2009, 08:08:14 PM
Hi Scott,

Thanks
Tim

Hi Tim, see one of Scottie's replies to the iPod issue! Mine needed to be changed too....

"If you press UNIT then PAGE DOWN until you get to the MIX page. Here you should have K-S-H  T-C-P  I-F-S displayed at the top.
Then click the button above I-F-S. From here along the bottom of the screen you should have INPUT - FXRet and SONG. If you move the DATA knob below INPUT, you will see the level on the right hand side move up and down on the display, this is turning up your line in input."

Hi Neil

Thanks for posting that. Running around like a headless chicken at the moment, and haven't had much of of a chance to get on the forum to answer questions  >:( Will hopefully be able to jump on later.

Did that sort your issue out Tim?

Scott

tim1987

That has sorted the issue out, thank you for your help on that.

Is there any way to assign different sounds to different zones on the pad? For example, is it possible to trigger a splash on the edge of the cymbal, while having a crash on the bow.

Or triggering a cross stick on the rim of the snare which would be good for when playing ballads/afro cuban grooves.

Thanks for getting these other issues sorted for me!

tim1987

Hi Scott,

Many Thanks for the replacement head- much appreciated.

I am still having trouble with the ride cymbal. I like to play a lot of jazz, and I'm just wanting to trigger the ride, and not the bell. But the bell still triggers every now and again. I turned the gain off, which made it worse and lifted the gain to the max and the more gain made it better, but it still is triggering the bell.

I would appreciate your help on this!

I love the snare, I love playing a groove with that deep "crack" that a snare has.

Tim

Scottie

Hey Tim

Just a quick note to let you know that i am looking in to this for you. So leave it with me and i will come back with an answer for you.

Thanks
Scott