News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

I got my kit today

Started by The D, July 31, 2009, 03:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The D

Hi Folks,

Just to let you know, I just collected my kit.
Haven't had chance to set it up yet as have to work and will be busy till tomorrow.

Sorry if I won't be able to answer any questions this evening but tomorrow things should be good to go.

Also, how do i post pictures on here? (sorry if thats a stupid question)
I just tried but failed miserably.

Daz.

puttenvr

Congratulations
Where you from? I forgot. Sorry

You can upload pictures to a place like http://picasa.google.com/
and then use the butto INSERT IMGAGE

The D

Hi Puttenvr,

I'm in the UK.

I don't have much time today  >:(  but will post pictures and info as soon as i can.

Using the insert image button doesn't give me an option to choose an image.
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

puttenvr

The D

Try this,

If it works ok for you guys, i'll post loads more tomorrow.

Got to go now.

Daz

http://gallery.me.com/daz.hardy#gallery

Scottie

Quote from: The D on July 31, 2009, 04:15:10 PM
Try this,

If it works ok for you guys, i'll post loads more tomorrow.

Got to go now.

Daz

http://gallery.me.com/daz.hardy#gallery

Congrats Daz. Was going to say "without pictures it didn't happen"  ;D ;)
Is very strange seeing a kit outside of our office. Really intrigued to hear your thoughts on the kit.

If you need any help, just send me a PM.
Scott

TrommelTheo

you happy guy, have ffun!!! ;D

Theo

puttenvr

Uhh... more than 2 boxes ?  :D

The D

Hi All,

After a very busy weekend, I can finally give my opinion of the Drumit Five.

In a word -FANTASTIC!

I've not played edrums before but have done a great deal of research into what was available and in my opinion, these things sound better, more natural than any of the Rolands or Yamahas that i have heard.
I've been trawling the net for a few months, listening to every make and model i could find and was left feeling underwhelmed by the sounds i was hearing.
Again, this is only my opinion.

I've found that the module contains very many "useable" kits.
By that, I mean there are very few what i would call playground kits, that are fun for a while and then never get used again.
The vast majority are superb and very realistic and I haven't even begun to tweak them to my liking.
I know there is more to come from 2Box and everything is not perfect at the moment but if this is the beginning, then we have some real treats in store for us once they start developing this thing further.

It really is the most fun i've had playing drums in a long time.

Hardware is not a problem and once you get the first setup finished, it is very easy and quick to take down and rebuild.
The module is not at all difficult to use and the manual doesn't really show how easy and logical it is.
10 minutes playing with settings and it becomes second nature and very quick to change things. There are no slow loading times between kits, maybe 1-2 seconds, so thats not an issue.

Above all hardware or module functionality, you will just love the sounds this kit makes.
After all, thats why we all play drums - to make music and have fun and believe me, you will be having plenty of fun with this.

As Simpan said, you really will be blown away when you hear and play them yourself.

I'm very glad I waited!

Thanks.

(I will try and post some sounds or videos in addition to Simpans and between us i'm sure you guys will get all the info you need until you get yours delivered)
;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

UC

Nice one Daz, looking forward to seeing & hearing more :)

The D

Ok Folks,

I've put up an mp3 of the Higher Emperor kit.
It's 3.5 MB and will begin downloading if you click the following link - http://files.me.com/daz.hardy/xgcoyw.mp3

It was recorded with a crappy Behringer guitar link (don't ask), so quality may not be the best.  :o
The kit is factory default with no settings changed.
I can post more if people would like but it won't always be quick as i'm quite busy.

Any requests just let me know.

Daz

P.S - excuse the drumming, still getting used to mesh heads.  :)

thijs

There seems to be quit a lot of reverb in this recording, is that a setting?

The D

Hi,

There is no reverb setting i can find. Maybe thats for a future update?
It's just as it came off the module into audacity, although this kit seems to have quite a bit of reverb or maybe thats how it was recorded.
Some kits are very dry sounding and others like the one you heard.

If you would like to hear different kits, i'll post random selections.
It won't be today though.

Daz