News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Drumit 3 SD Card Mod

Started by edcito, March 08, 2018, 01:12:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edcito

I just opened my drumit 3 module following the same method as for the drumit 5, all was going good until I see the board is attached now to the top lid, and, bad news, the display seems to be glued to the plate! So if you lift the board it will damage the display!

link to pictures:
https://1drv.ms/a/s!Apbbfhss1Va_gaUG8--Y6X2wrpstoA

You will see the SD Card is the same as the one in the drumit5.

So it seems this time 2box wont allow the sd card mod, we're screwed...

edtc

a surgical cut into the metal housing should do the trick ...

edcito

Yeah, that’s what I thought afterwards, unfortunately I don’t have the tools necessary to do that... anybody can do it for a small fee? I think zourman did something similar?

ANGR77

Ye, it is possible to cut a hole.  You can almost see where a new updated 5 version or something will have its external accessible SD card slot...they will probably make a special arrangement on the chassis to handle the SD card.

Yes, it would not be too hard to cut a hole where it is located...problem is that the SD card will probably not be reachable outside the chassis...to make it easy to insert and take out the SD card.

But it is possible with the right tools to make some thing nice...

(Note: The quick ref manual said..warranty void if opened...)  :(

Best regards.

Anders / www.zourman.com

Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

edcito

Are you planning to getting one? Actually it says about the warranty on the back of the module as well...

edtc

the screen shouldn't be glued that strong imo ... it has to be a way to open the module if it needs to be serviced ...

ANGR77

Quote from: edcito on March 08, 2018, 09:54:10 PM
Are you planning to getting one? Actually it says about the warranty on the back of the module as well...

I have plans to buy a Three ... as a reference. :-)

We will see in the near future. :-)

Best Regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Sevenchaos

Maybe just cut nice hole with dremel and put smaller flat cable and do it same way that with drumit5?

ANGR77

Just a thought...

Looking on the SD extension cables we used in the “Five”...and the actual flat cable behind the sd card extender...I would guess this cable would fit even if the gap to the wall plate is almost zero on the “Three”.

https://zourman.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/img_2312.jpg

What do you think?

Edit: there is no way to remove the existing  sd card without pulling out the whole PCB. (And the glued display...) So sorry - this is a dead end also...

Best regards

Anders / Www.zourman.com

edcito

I just did the mod, no heat gun, sorry for being overly dramatic in the beginning LOL