News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Still no downloads available for new sounds on Drumit 3

Started by wildhorse5678, March 06, 2018, 09:01:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildhorse5678

So 2box website is now saying Drumit3 is finally being shipped and that both the Drumit 5 drumkit and module are now discontinued but they have still not made available the new sounds featured on the Drumit 3 for current loyal owners of Drumit5.  Very disappointed.

I have been told that a new operating system is to be made available for download..why don't they get on with it.

As a Drumit5 user I can't see any real reason to buy a Drumit 3.

welshsteve

I wouldn't fret mate, but yeah I do agree they could be a little bit more upfront in terms of supporting the loyal drumit5 users. But I am confident they will release the latest OS and new sounds.
As for whether drumit5 users want to make the shift, I guess it comes down to whether you wanna use Roland/Yamaha/other pads instead of what you're already using. The old phrase "if it aint broken then don't fix it" comes into play. I have a drumit5 and I may possibly get a 3 but that's only because I Currently have a Roland TD15 only for hats and depending on how well it sits next to the 5, only have one module on gigs as opposed to 2 to save with set up/down time. But for new users interested in a kick ass module but don't (or cannot) shell out £2000+ for a very high end module like the Mimic Pro or TD50.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

Jman

There will be a new Drumit Five OS, and the Drumit Three sounds will be compatible with that ...... geez guys, they just released the Drumit Three .... most companies (like Roland) abandon customers with their discontinued modules .... not 2Box ..... but give them a chance to sell some Drumit Three's eh?
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Slamstick

Agreed, tough crowd. Everybody is still punishing them for the torturous wait but let's see what this 3 has to offer before we execute, lol!👍

ANGR77

I am guessing the new sounds from the three’s major sound packages like the Phillips and Black will be released for Drumit Five users. There will definitely be a new os released for the five with some nice improvements. The more hard part is the 3 sound snare sounds found in the three...they will not work on the five unless they are repackaged,

For existing five uses who wants to go the Roland route....there are solutions available to handle both the hi-hat and the 3 zone rides. :-)

So I am guessing we have good support for a system which have been on the market for the last 8 years! (But yes...they are slow on the web)

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

wildhorse5678

Anders..interested that you mention 3 zone snare.....whats that?

ANGR77

Hi!

I think I wrote three sound snare. :-) The Snare on the Three can handle head, rim and now also crossticks. I have not tried the implementation but you will get a third way to trigger a sound.

This is something implemented in the threes hardware...that’s why the Five can’t be supported on this function.

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Jman

Quote from: ANGR77 on March 07, 2018, 06:52:27 AM
Hi!

I think I wrote three sound snare. :-) The Snare on the Three can handle head, rim and now also crossticks. I have not tried the implementation but you will get a third way to trigger a sound.

This is something implemented in the threes hardware...that’s why the Five can’t be supported on this function.

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com

The DI3 and DI5 will share the same OS, but the Config files are different. And the 3 zone snares will work as 2 zone snares in the DI5. You will have the +++ sound choices, Head, Rimshot, Xstick in the .dsnd of the snare. For the Drumit Five you can choose the Xstick "instead of" the rimshot if you want. And of course you can still use the Cross Shot (velocity switching) type Rimshot/Xstick sounds for rim if you want and also build those type in SDSE.

Jman

Quote from: ANGR77 on March 07, 2018, 05:23:57 AM
I am guessing the new sounds from the three’s major sound packages like the Phillips and Black will be released for Drumit Five users. There will definitely be a new os released for the five with some nice improvements. The more hard part is the 3 sound snare sounds found in the three...they will not work on the five unless they are repackaged,

For existing five uses who wants to go the Roland route....there are solutions available to handle both the hi-hat and the 3 zone rides. :-)

So I am guessing we have good support for a system which have been on the market for the last 8 years! (But yes...they are slow on the web)

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
As mentioned above the OS will be the same for both modules, with a dif. config file for the DI5 .... and the 3 zone snare mentioned above.

edcito

I don't think 2box will release a "new, special for the drumit 5 set of new instruments found on the drumit 3"
Check my post with the link to the sd card content of the drumit 3, download it and load the new dsnd's on your drumit 5 and that's it.

daniboun

Quote from: edcito on March 07, 2018, 07:40:28 AM
I don't think 2box will release a "new, special for the drumit 5 set of new instruments found on the drumit 3"
Check my post with the link to the sd card content of the drumit 3, download it and load the new dsnd's on your drumit 5 and that's it.

Can you share the link, I can't find it.... thanks

James

Card Content:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Apbbfhss1Va_gaBtNvJWC6AAymMPog

I downloaded it and it works.  Thank you very much Edcito!

geo

Quote from: James on March 10, 2018, 12:38:27 PM
Card Content:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Apbbfhss1Va_gaBtNvJWC6AAymMPog

Any chance someone could upload it another host? OneDrive doesn't want to play here. One with a direct link would be ideal.

Digs

Anyone notice the talking at the end of one of the new drumit 3 sounds?