News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Ride cymbal won’t trigger with bass drum.

Started by Ryanbell44, March 02, 2018, 09:12:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryanbell44

As you can imagine this is annoying.
Using standard 2box cymbal.
I read somewhere that using a splitter can cause issues but I figured as it’s nothing to do with my ride or bass drum then it’d be fine.
Just incase I’m using a splitter on the high tom and using the rim as a splash.
I’ve got crosstalk on high for both cymbals.
Ride works perfect when I’m not hitting the bass drum.

Jman

Is your Cross-Talk set to OFF for the Ride?..... because it sounds like what happens when a Cross-Talk setting is cancelling out a pad. If you set Cross-Talk to OFF for the Ride that will eliminate one item in the trouble-shooting list.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Ryanbell44

That fixed it!
Thanks.
Had my 2box for a few years now but I’m still a noob lol

Jman

Quote from: Ryanbell44 on March 03, 2018, 02:32:40 PM
That fixed it!
Thanks.
Had my 2box for a few years now but I’m still a noob lol
Glad it was simple!
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Ryanbell44

whilst i kinda have your attention.
i want to get some new drum samples, etc another hi-hat,snare,kick and some kind of stack.
wheres a good place for me to buy individual multilayer samples?
and finally, my drums are set up in a small room, no problem when my headphones are in but when i play with friends theres a lot of sound bouncing around the room and nothing sounds good(especially compared to other rooms ive played in with the same gear)
whats the best solution?
was thinking about one of those big sound absorbing curtains to hang behind me(or infront)
after looking through here i'm guessing the answer is no. was hoping or something like the atvadrums store.

wildhorse5678

Ryan try Thomann for 2box spares...while they still have them. Ive bought extra pad and rack mount and nice orange tennis ball beater.  With 2box anouncing kits are discontinued ....i dont think anyone can be sure of availability of stuff in the future