News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Why does every instrument route through Outputs 1 and 2?

Started by Jsmash77, February 20, 2018, 04:26:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jsmash77

Hello all,
I have my 2box routing set up so that Kick is 1, Snare is 2, Toms are 3+4, and cymbals are 6. 
However, every instrument comes through on lines 1+2 in addition to their assigned outs.  Can anyone please shed some light on this for me, if this is how it's supposed to be or if there's a setting somewhere I'm missing?
Thank you

edtc

OUT 1-2 can be used in different ways .

- By default , it s a stereo out of the internal mixer . With all drum sounds , clic , songs and FX .

- It can be set as SUB out , it s  like the mix , but you can chose not to assign the clic or the songs or FX .. (so you can send the drum to the PA without the clic )

- you can use them as separate outs .

Have a look at the 2box manual , section 10.5 UNIT OUT an after  , you will understand how it works ...

http://www.2box.se/download/pdf/DrumIt_Five_Manual_1_2x_eng.pdf

Jsmash77

That got it sorted, thanks.  I wasn't interpreting he 1+2! setting correctly before.  Changed it over and it works a treat now.  The bass drum sounds much, much, better specifically.

wildhorse5678

I hope that the Drumit3 manual is better written than the Drumit 5 one. Or there will be again a lot of confused and potentially disapointed users.

Thiof