News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Roland 3 Zone Conversion Module for 2box

Started by ANGR77, January 26, 2018, 08:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ANGR77

Hi all!

What do you think about this?

https://youtu.be/5cBdUjTaR2s

I did finally finish a conversion module for using Roland CY-13R and CY-15R rides together with the 2box DrumIt Five module.

Have a nice weekend!

Anders / www.zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Slamstick

Nice Anders. They sound great . I know you have also been working on these conversions for a long time. When or maybe I should say if the drumit 3 come out, won't this only really be of interest to guys like me with the drumit 5 . Of course I know a ton of 5 owners won't even bother with the 3 so maybe I answered my own question, lol

ANGR77

Absolutely...this conversion is an option for the current 6000 users of the 2box Drumit Five.

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Nico

Hello,

Would these converters also work with other brand cymbals as long they have bell and edge (piezo/switch) TRS sockets ?
Is the bell/bow seperation still as good as when using the 2-zone CyCup setting ?

ANGR77

Yes, this module works also with any piezo/switch/switch implementation like the 3 Zone rides from Roland, ATV and Lemons.

The separation is not as good a pure piezo/switch implementation, because of it's nature based on the 2box volume detection bell implementation found on MKI. (Where the logics behind the solution is that a bell hit is generating a 10 db higher signal)

But a 3 Zone ride with this module will achieve better results compared to the original 2box MKI 3 zone cymbal implementation.

Best regards

Anders / Zourman.com

Nico

Thank you very much for your detailed response.

Best regards