News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

ATV Cymbal with 2box Drumit 5

Started by 96max5sp, November 11, 2017, 03:33:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

96max5sp

I know most likely there isn't much info on this but debating getting an ATV 16" cymbal to use as a ride with my 2box Drumit 5. I was going to set it as one would the CY15r and hope for the best. Anybody think of a reason why it wouldn't work? I would go for the 18" but keep thinking about getting the full aDrums setup in the future and would have purchased an extra 16" to have 2 anyway with the standard kit.

Possibly new module in the future, AD5, Pearl Mimic or Dumit 3 if it ever comes out :)

hemiboy

Chris, Check with Mike Snyder over at vdrum forum. He is a big shot with ATV having jumped ship from Roland a couple of years ago to get involved  with atv
l

ANGR77

Hi!

It looks like both the 16” and 18” have dual TRS outputs (read 3zones)...and i am guessing it is using switch for edge, piezo for bow an switch for the cup/bell. So it will then emulate a CY-15R.

Ok..can you utilize the three zones directly in 2box five? No you can not. 2 zones will work fine...where you can choose edge/bow or cup/bow sounds.

To get the three zones working...you need to use the 2box 14” cymbal or use my next invention the 3 Zone conversation module for CY-15R. (I have no idea if the ATVs will work...but I will find this out)

https://youtu.be/ow5hswYmHbQ

Best regards

Anders / http://www.zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

96max5sp

Thanks guys!

Yeah, i figured it would be 2 zone for now. That is a cool device to tap into all three zones and improve compatibility with other manufacturers cymbals. I am always window shopping and with all these new items out for eDrums its hard to make a decision on which way to go or save money and just be happy with the setup i have. I barely play at the moment anyway.  :P