News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

wireless tranmiiter system for drumit 5

Started by wildhorse5678, October 30, 2017, 12:00:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildhorse5678

I'm getting fed up wth too many cables on stage and am considering the posibility of using a wireless system to connect  my drumit 5 to the PA system.  Anyone do this - if so what do you use. Anyone know of a wireless system suitable for drum sounds. I've seen the following on Thomann which looks good , but not sure if it will work for drums rather than guitar https://www.thomann.de/gb/xvive_wireless_system_u2.htm?ref=search_prv_7

Any one with useful comments ?

Annoyingly I sold my AKG guitar bug system about 6 months ago... i could have tried that but hadnt thought about this at the time

Sevenchaos

I have done lots of work with wireless systems at live gigs. One thing is that you need to have 2 sets since they are allmost allways mono transmitters. Also on digital wireless there is allways small latency. I have used audio technicas system 10 pro racks and they have been one of the smallest latency digital systems i have used. They are also possible to change to use line level signal too. I know that slipknot for example uses those systems too so they are reliable too.
Akg has also some nice stuff and can be adjusted to have line level inputs (i have used wms4500)
Havent tried it on e-drums but should work perfectly when u just buy good transmitters and adjust inputs to line level. Only problem is that when i have worked with cheaper wireless sets, they are very keen to take interference. I was actually mixing one gig and the singer had cheap wireless mic. At sound check we noticed that it took neighbour bars karaoke wireless signal to our transmitter so we had to use wired mic for that gig  :D

fishmonkey

the main thing with wireless is that there are a lot more things that can go wrong. batteries and interference are the two big ones.

another common issue is sensitivity settings. if for some reason after sound check your transmitters are being driven too hot, there is nothing the FOH can do about it.

so you need to invest in a reliable system, and also be dedicated to taking care of the setup and operation...