News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

First gig with 2box tonight !

Started by Itsme, November 04, 2017, 12:04:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itsme

Tonight will be my first outing with the 2box module and cymbals, I will still be using my A to E kit which used to be my Roland setup, triggers 2box with only minor adjustments needed, I've removed all the kits and loops and songs and added all the downloads and sounds from BFD and have hopefully 3 or 4 cracking kits, So far the practice sessions with the full MK2 kit I use in my studio have gone great and the drums sound spot on,(Roland has served me well for many years ,) but now I'm free of them and their same old sounds ,can't wait to report back when I've played through my gig sound setup!!!!!

ANGR77

Good luck!

It is fun to play live with 2box...here is a clip from a gig where I play with my tiny A2E converted Sonor Safari kit and with sounds from AD2 [mostly from the metal adpack]...running 6 audio channels to the FOH.

https://youtu.be/5UUAkvumlQ4

Best regards

Anders / http://www.zourman.com /
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Itsme

Nice video👍👍, all went ok except the hi-hat stand I took didn't fit the 2box hat lol fortunately I had taken my vh-11 and td-12 as a backup so ran the hats out of that but wish I had your conversion box now lol, getting it from jobekey for Xmas I hope

Itsme

Looks like I found my first flaw with the 2box Hardwear, what a useless little hat thumb screw , I've got two hat stands a mapex and Tama, it fitted perfect on the Tama but the mapex rod was a little bit thinner so it wouldn't hold, guess which one I took lol, so I'm not quiete free of Roland yet,  :drum3:

ANGR77

Quote from: Itsme on November 06, 2017, 12:13:02 AM
Nice video👍👍, all went ok except the hi-hat stand I took didn't fit the 2box hat lol fortunately I had taken my vh-11 and td-12 as a backup so ran the hats out of that but wish I had your conversion box now lol, getting it from jobekey for Xmas I hope

You are welcome!!!

I am guessing the 2box hat has a little smaller clutch whole ...for some reason...

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Itsme

Second gig tomorrow with 2box and lessons learnt lol , this time space is at a premium so I'm using 2box pads and a self build rack ,smaller than original rack, but will definitely be using 2 box hat, (which I actually think I prefer better than my vh-11 ) so I've ordered a new one before they stop production.👍