News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Help needed for Roland/Laurin pads w/Drumit5

Started by TeaHaus, September 12, 2017, 12:21:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TeaHaus

Hello:  Totally new 2box owner having some issues using my Roland PDX6/8 pads and a Laurin Drums pad.  My Roland KD-9 kick pad works perfectly.  The Roland pads trigger but don't seem as sensitive.  I've played around with a lot of settings in the unit but since I am unfamiliar with all the functions, maybe someone else has set the 2box kit up with these same Roland pads.  Any tips, recommendations are appreciated.  Am considering either getting a 2box snare pad or an external trigger and modding an acoustic snare.  Loving the module but could be happier with better pad triggering.

Itsme

I use an A to E converted kit with my own centre mounted triggers as I used to use a Roland TD 12 module and Roland cymbals, for my trigger type for Tom's are 10" tom1 12" Tom's 2 & 3 and kick 2 and 12" for my 14" snare , if you scroll through the trigger types for each pad until you get one that triggers best then alter the gain ,threshold and curve to suit.

Slamstick

TeaHaus, Were you able to get the Laurin pad to trigger correctly with your 2 box module? Third try to contact you. Still alive.lol?

TeaHaus

Oops.........massive computer redo since I started this thread back in December.  Totally forgot about my questions.....my apologies.  Yes, Stoked2......still alive!! (as far as I know).  Still not 100% happy with the triggering but I've gone through all the different settings and tweaked everything...........my roland unit has much better dynamics than the 2box (roland pads) so I think I'm going to try and find some 2box pads even though they seem impossible to find in Canada......