News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Broken Trigit by 2box

Started by Thiof, May 16, 2018, 04:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thiof

Hi everyone,

I bought a brand new five pieces trigit triggers and after 2 or 3 weeks one head piezo stoped working and another one seems to lead the same way. Loss of dynamic. Wether I hit the tom gently or harder it sounds the same. (the loudest sample) When I gently tap on the piezo of that trigger, nothing comes out. I have to tap harder.
Do you guys think that it's a broken piezo or just a soldering problem?
I don't want to send them back for the warranty because thomann told me that it takes 4 weeks before they repair it or exchange it. Besides they want me to send the whole kit !!!
Thanks

Jman

Quote from: Thiof on May 16, 2018, 04:00:03 PM
Hi everyone,

I bought a brand new five pieces trigit triggers and after 2 or 3 weeks one head piezo stoped working and another one seems to lead the same way. Loss of dynamic. Wether I hit the tom gently or harder it sounds the same. (the loudest sample) When I gently tap on the piezo of that trigger, nothing comes out. I have to tap harder.
Do you guys think that it's a broken piezo or just a soldering problem?
I don't want to send them back for the warranty because thomann told me that it takes 4 weeks before they repair it or exchange it. Besides they want me to send the whole kit !!!
Thanks
In a previous thread with the same kind of problem it turned out to be a broken wire/solder point on the brass of the piezo that could be resoldered. You would have to open up the pad and inspect it to see.
https://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,2762.0.html
In that thread the picture is no longer posted. But the wire that goes to the brass broke at the solder point. 2Box supposedly fixed the problem in later Trigit triggers. What they started doing is putting more of the wire on the brass laying parallel on the brass instead of just the tip of the wire contacting the brass. That way the wire has a bit more support. That is how they suggested doing the re-soldering for anyone fixing it themselves.

I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/