News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

where's all the stuff?

Started by spoenk, May 02, 2010, 12:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spoenk

with the editor finally released, shouldn't there be much more going on here?

i've been working on a mallet-kit which is lots of fun though sadly not multi-zone ...

what are your experiences with the editor? it really bugs me that when i load samples into the 'new sound', usually the lowest gets 90% of the velocity range while the other 10 samples each get 1% ... i'd like to decide which sample is played back at which velocity!

hwasser

We are to busy playing with it! ;)

I have used some of the new kicks, snares and toms on 2box homesite, some of them were good.

b

I would be busy making stuff, it my kit wasn't broken. So frustrating.

TimDeBim

Hi there,
I made a first try recording a 10 inch splash from Stagg (rather cheap one) and then constructing a dsnd file with the Sound Editor. You can get it here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/408034608/Stagg_10.dsnd.html

It's not perfect, I just recorded 10 samples of different dB's with two dynamic mic's, not at all studio conditions...

But if you like try it out and give me some feedback...

hwasser

With the new version of the sound bank software it will come more sounds through the months i guess. And when the 2box will reach more people and continents (especially USA!) the soundbank will expand with a band!  :D

nonoduweb

It has been a long time that there are no more new sounds to download on the 2box site, and there are many products with multilayers samples of quality on the market which would allow to make great sounds for the 2box: Natural Drum Kit, BFD2, Superior Drummer 2, Sonic Ocean Way Drums...
How could we share these 2box sounds on the forum without going to jail?  :P

puttenvr

First: did someone converted those sounds to a .dsnd anyway?

madmanmafimardi

To many layers in bdf2 samples to run in dsound tool, so you  have to remove some of them......buhu!!

nonoduweb

Quote from: puttenvr on September 30, 2010, 04:18:22 PM
First: did someone converted those sounds to a .dsnd anyway?

For my part, I have some sounds...certainly like others here.  ;)

Quote from: madmanmafimardi on September 30, 2010, 04:38:08 PM
To many layers in bdf2 samples to run in dsound tool, so you have to remove some of them......buhu!!

If you use, for example, 60 differents velocity levels (with a midi file), you can use BFD2 sounds with no problem.  Some dsnd sounds in the 2box have 80 layers or more.

puttenvr

Well. please post them here ...

nonoduweb

Quote from: puttenvr on October 01, 2010, 05:49:43 AM
Well. please post them here ...

;D

My first question was: is there a legal way to post these sounds?

fishmonkey

puttenvr

Make a Torrent from it

Or add some tone control and rename the sounds to Swiss Tom 1
Then it's a new sound  :-\

Baby Samus

http://www.dropbox.com

If you were going to share 'legal' files with each other we could use something like this?

Manfred

Hi,

does anybody know what soundformat BFD and addictive drums are using? Are these wav-files that can be directly used to create 2Box-sounds?

With SD2.0 i have to use a midi-file, play it with the VST and record/render it to wav-files. Is it less laborious with BFD or AD?

Manfred