News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Questions from newbie user

Started by giansi71, May 13, 2017, 08:43:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

giansi71

Hi all!
I just purchased a 5 years old 2box from a private seller. Yesterday I assembled the hardware and tested some sounds, but I'll work on triggers and sounds for next days.
I come from an Alesis DM10 kit, and I 'd like some advice from this forum, some questions I wondered in these days, since I purchased until it arrived at home!!
1) I just updated s.o. from 1.24 to 1.30 version. Apart from the software, I wonder if 2box replaced (improved) some .dsnd sounds since it came out, or they are always the same

2) I'd like to use the 2box as a replacement for my old acustic drum: so, I don't care having 100 different kits or electronic/ethnic sounds, but only one or two kits with selected sounds for snares, toms and cymbals. Is it possible to delete unnecessary kits/sounds from sd card?
3) How can I add some "drumless" mp3 songs directly in the module, so I can easily select one of them and playing over it?

Thanks for your help...today I'll go on with my discovering this new toy :D

edtc

Quote from: giansi71 on May 13, 2017, 08:43:44 AM

1) I just updated s.o. from 1.24 to 1.30 version. Apart from the software, I wonder if 2box replaced (improved) some .dsnd sounds since it came out, or they are always the same .
You can upload new additional sounds from the 2BOX website .

2) I'd like to use the 2box as a replacement for my old acustic drum: so, I don't care having 100 different kits or electronic/ethnic sounds, but only one or two kits with selected sounds for snares, toms and cymbals. Is it possible to delete unnecessary kits/sounds from sd card? 
YES , you ll have to access the SDcard booting the module in USB mode ... have a look at the manual for that ...

3) How can I add some "drumless" mp3 songs directly in the module, so I can easily select one of them and playing over it?

You cant play MP3 directly in the module... Drumit5 accepts only WAVfiles  , but you can convert them in WAV with your computer and then drag'n'drop them in the module ... There is a LINE IN , you could also plug a MP3player

giansi71

Quote from: edtc on May 13, 2017, 09:24:56 AM
You cant play MP3 directly in the module... Drumit5 accepts only WAVfiles  , but you can convert them in WAV with your computer and then drag'n'drop them in the module ... There is a LINE IN , you could also plug a MP3player
Yes, no probem for converting them in .WAV files: in this case, how can I manage them? I mean, in USB mode I can create a folder called "Drumless" containing all my files, but how can I use them? I expect I can somehow navigate in 2box menu, find the song and play it..the manual will be my friend :)

wildhorse5678

The 2box website now has links to its educational videos ..worth looking at. Also check my videos at www.2boxfornewbies.weebly.com