News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Frustrated and needs advice

Started by stev-eo, June 06, 2017, 12:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stev-eo

I have a td20 and td25..i have combined both sets trying to get a decent sound and have the triggers i nèd for the different somgs we do. I have the td20 running most of the cymbols and 2 toms. The td25 doing the rest. But changing both kits to cater to different songs is a hassle and not quick. I am thinkong of selling both modules and going with 1 or 2 twobox modules. But i am not sure if all my drums amd cymbols will.work on the 2box module. Will i be getting better sounding drums. Right now i am using a power source 2 way setup along with a sub that are linked. Also using a mixer which is accepting the lefts and rights into the first 4 chanels.

any sugestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Jman

Pad compatibility and setup for Roland pads/cymbals with the 2Box module has been covered numerous times in other threads. The Roland mesh drums will work fine with the 2Box module as answered in your earlier question.

For Roland Cymbals:

Dual zone Roland cymbals like Cy-14C, Cy-5, Cy-8, Cy-13C ...... Set them to CyEdg type in the 2Box module and they produce Bow/Edge/Choke

Three zone Roland cymbals like Cy-12R/C, Cy-15R, or Cy-13R ..... For using as Ride: Set them as CyCup type in the 2Box module, and use only the Bell/Bow output jack of the cymbal and it will produce Bell and Bow sounds. To use one of those cymbals for Crash: Set them as CyEdg type in the 2Box module, and use only the Bow/Edge output jack of the cymbal and they produce Bow/Edge/Choke.

For the Hi Hat: In order to use other brand eCymbals, ePedals or eHi-Hats ..... You would need to pick up my own Stealth 2Box Hi Hat Stand Conversion Kit, Here:
http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,1890.0.html
or Zourman's solution in order to use your current Roland Hi Hat setup.

As far as the sounds: The 2Box modules use Real sampled drum and cymbal sounds, VST quality. So the sounds are much higher quality than the modules you are currently using. And there is no problem with "machine gunning" with the 2Box sounds.

The 2Box can run up to 8 individual outs and the module has a huge amount of different output destinations that you can setup, so there is really no limit to how you setup your outputs. With the size of your set currently using 2 modules, you will probably need 2 or the 2Box modules to run all your pads/cymbals. All 4 of the Tom inputs on the 2Box module can be split, so you can add up to 4 additional single zone pads or cymbals.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/