News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Triggera Intrigg Problems

Started by mjolson, June 01, 2017, 02:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjolson

Anyone successfully using the Triggera Intrigg's on a A2E conversion with the 2Box module?

I'm trying to convert a 14" snare and finding it nearly impossible to get decent sensitivity without double triggering.  I've got the trigger mounted so it's just slightly above the bearing edge and the mesh head cranked about as tight as I can get it. 

I started with the manufacturer's recommended settings - Pad12, Gain 8, Linear Curve, -40 Threshold.  If I reduce the threshold enough to stop false triggering it completely loses sensitivity.

The head is a cheap Remo Silentstroke - maybe that's the problem.  If not, I might have to abandon these triggers and try a crossbar design.

Thanks,
Mike

welshsteve

I used this with a mylar head and found it fantastic, haven't tried with Mesh head though. I found the interiggs terrible with mylar heads on a 15" floor tom, needed LOTS of dampening. What about playing with the mask time? (OS version 1.30) Raise it to 2 and see if it improves.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

mjolson

Thanks - I did play with mask time to no avail.  I don't have any dampening though - that may be the key.  I keep forgetting that the stock 2Box pads have a foam ring.

I've got some Remo Muffl rings that might work - just have to modify it a bit to accommodate the trigger.

edtc

it s quite sure that a good dampening will solve your problem...   having a nice strong and tight sensor signal is the goal for sharp triggering .

Using a foam ring is just perfect , after all , it s the standard 2box design ...   before you cut your Remo Muffle plastic rim , be aware that using this plastic donut will turn the meshpad to something quite noisy ...

I tried this years ago when making my first E-pads , and it was awefull ...

It s better to make a MDF wood ring , or semi ring ,mounted on L-bars ,  and stick the foam on it ... much quieter and better dampening ... costs also less ...

mjolson

Good point on the noise level.  We'll see what else I can come up with.

Coda

I suffered from the same problem with my 10 and 12" DIY snare/toms. The biggest thing that helped it was strips of sponge glued around the top of the rim so when the head is tightened down it presses against the foam. The Snare was the worst with the 2ply Roland Remo but I also had it with the toms which use the 1ply Silentstrokes. Foam is the answer. Mask time (especially on a snare) kills the feel.

mjolson

Thanks all - $2 worth of 1" air conditioner weatherstripping foam worked perfect!

An additional benefit is it seems to have reduced the rebound on the 1ply head - feels significantly less bouncy.