News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Say hello to the Drumit 3

Started by edcito, April 03, 2017, 01:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

welshsteve

If you split the toms so 2 of them are single zone only, you'll be able to achieve what you're after (splash and china) on those inputs The rest will be taken care off with its normal function. 
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

Jman

Quote from: Walse on March 06, 2018, 01:26:39 PM
I notice that 2box drum editor doesn't correctly display cymbals. I suppose there must be some incompatibility. Lustark Drumit Manager seems to solve it.
There will be a new 2Box Editor, and Lustar will release a new Drumit Mgr too.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Slamstick

I really want to hear kr see one if these 3's in person, before I comment. But sk far although the compatibility with with Roland and others  is nice , from what I hear so far, I am really not impressed with the sounds but court is still out!

Jman

Quote from: Stoked2 on March 07, 2018, 03:21:01 AM
I really want to hear kr see one if these 3's in person, before I comment. But sk far although the compatibility with with Roland and others  is nice , from what I hear so far, I am really not impressed with the sounds but court is still out!
I think about half the sounds are new. The others are already on the Drumit Five or out there for free download. The thing is though ...... there is about 12GB of sounds additional out there on the net freely downloadable for the Drumit Five, now the Three. Plus it is an open sound system meaning you can completely change the content of the module if you want .... so there really isn't any court that needs to convene over internal sounds ..... LOL.

edcito

Quote from: Jman on March 07, 2018, 03:34:59 AM
I think about half the sounds are new. The others are already on the Drumit Five or out there for free download. The thing is though ...... there is about 12GB of sounds additional out there on the net freely downloadable for the Drumit Five, now the Three. Plus it is an open sound system meaning you can completely change the content of the module if you want .... so there really isn't any court that needs to convene over internal sounds ..... LOL.

I provided the sd card content above, I would have expected someone did a comparison of the Instruments already...

edcito

Quote from: Walse on March 06, 2018, 01:08:15 PM
I don't understand. Are you using SDSE to convert SD2 sounds into .dsnd - .dkit or what are you meaning?
Ehm, you’re new here, right?

Jman

Quote from: edcito on March 07, 2018, 06:12:19 AM
I provided the sd card content above, I would have expected someone did a comparison of the Instruments already...
Yeah, I pulled out the instruments that I recognized as new, plus the kits that are using them, to load to the DI5. (which will be possible with the new DI5 config file that will be released and the same OS as the DI3).So, in my estimation it is about half the GB's that are brand new. Quite a few of the add on instruments that are already on the 2Box site for download though are in the stock sounds/kits of the DI3, like the Cube Beech stuff for example.

Jman

Quote from: JRage on March 06, 2018, 07:58:07 AM
Thanks for sharing 8)
I suppose content is compatible with DrumitFive module, but OS is not?
The OS will be compatible with the DI5 .... but a new Config file, dif. from the DI3 ..... will be released. And the kits will work on both modules then.

Walse

Quote from: edcito on March 07, 2018, 06:13:34 AM
Ehm, you’re new here, right?

Yes I'm new here, sorry.  :-[

Jman

Quote from: Walse on March 07, 2018, 07:31:50 AM
Yes I'm new here, sorry.  :-[
Yeah, it's OK to be new ..... LOL ... we've been converting drums/cymbals/percussion from basically every VST software around since 2011 ......  to load into and play in the Drumit Five, and now the Drumit Three. Check out Lustar's SDSE and other programs .... those are great programs ..... quick and easy, the way to go with that. http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,1544.msg27509.html#new

Walse

Quote from: Jman on March 07, 2018, 07:56:50 AM
Yeah, it's OK to be new ..... LOL ... we've been converting drums/cymbals/percussion from basically every VST software around since 2011 ......  to load into and play in the Drumit Five, and now the Drumit Three. Check out Lustar's SDSE and other programs .... those are great programs ..... quick and easy, the way to go with that. http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,1544.msg27509.html#new

OK! That's really why I asked to edcito if he were referring to converting vsti sounds to dsnd/dkit using SDSE.

For a moment I dreamed about the incredible possibility of importing toontrack kits directly into the new 2box module, without any transformation.

Walse

Quote from: Jman on March 07, 2018, 06:32:30 AM
Yeah, I pulled out the instruments that I recognized as new, plus the kits that are using them, to load to the DI5. (which will be possible with the new DI5 config file that will be released and the same OS as the DI3).So, in my estimation it is about half the GB's that are brand new. Quite a few of the add on instruments that are already on the 2Box site for download though are in the stock sounds/kits of the DI3, like the Cube Beech stuff for example.

Do you know if the new DI5 OS will allow the old module to use pads from other brands (Roland vh11, Yamaha 3 zone cymbals, i.e.) just as the new one does?

Jman

Quote from: Walse on March 07, 2018, 02:06:41 PM
Do you know if the new DI5 OS will allow the old module to use pads from other brands (Roland vh11, Yamaha 3 zone cymbals, i.e.) just as the new one does?
No, that is why there has to be different configuration files for the two modules. Obviously there were hardware changes on the DI3. And the DI3 doesn't have as many Outs and the Headphones cannot be assigned as separate Direct Outs. The DI5 obviously doesn't have dual inputs for the cymbals and HiHat .... so nothing has changed for the type of pads with the DI5. You will still need my Stealth 2Box HH stand conversion kit or Zourman's 4 2Box unit to use other brand Hi Hats with the DI5. But there are features like the Fixed HiHat setting now. You can set the HiHat as fixed now if you want and you have a choice of like 30 different open to closed transitions .... you really have the kind of choice where you can pick the perfect transition for a Fixed HiHat, better than any other brand module I have tried for that. Also you can assign a pad for Start Stop features .... a bunch of dif. variations of that including going Forward/Back for your module kits, which helps a little with the lack of a Foot-Switch input for that.
So, basically you will have the same new features as the DI3, with the exception of the added pad compatibility via the new inputs of the DI3.

Edit .... actually I will ask the question about using the 3 zone Yamaha pads/cymbals with the new OS on the Drumit Five ...... since those are only single output type pads/cymbals .... not sure, I obviously don't own any Yamaha stuff ..... I'm pretty sure you will only be able to use the 3 zone Yamaha pads/cymbals with the DI3 ...... but will find out.
Verified: Yamaha 3 zone will work for the DI3 only.

96max5sp

Quote from: Jman on March 07, 2018, 06:46:00 PM
No, that is why there has to be different configuration files for the two modules. Obviously there were hardware changes on the DI3. And the DI3 doesn't have as many Outs and the Headphones cannot be assigned as separate Direct Outs. The DI5 obviously doesn't have dual inputs for the cymbals and HiHat .... so nothing has changed for the type of pads with the DI5. You will still need my Stealth 2Box HH stand conversion kit or Zourman's 4 2Box unit to use other brand Hi Hats with the DI5. But there are features like the Fixed HiHat setting now. You can set the HiHat as fixed now if you want and you have a choice of like 30 different open to closed transitions .... you really have the kind of choice where you can pick the perfect transition for a Fixed HiHat, better than any other brand module I have tried for that. Also you can assign a pad for Start Stop features .... a bunch of dif. variations of that including going Forward/Back for your module kits, which helps a little with the lack of a Foot-Switch input for that.
So, basically you will have the same new features as the DI3, with the exception of the added pad compatibility via the new inputs of the DI3.

Edit .... actually I will ask the question about using the 3 zone Yamaha pads/cymbals with the new OS on the Drumit Five ...... since those are only single output type pads/cymbals .... not sure, I obviously don't own any Yamaha stuff ..... I'm pretty sure you will only be able to use the 3 zone Yamaha pads/cymbals with the DI3 ...... but will find out.
Verified: Yamaha 3 zone will work for the DI3 only.

Damn, thanks for verifying. That would have been a nice thank you to us Drumit 5 owners since they discontinued their cymbals, oh well...

Jman

Quote from: 96max5sp on March 07, 2018, 08:37:13 PM
Damn, thanks for verifying. That would have been a nice thank you to us Drumit 5 owners since they discontinued their cymbals, oh well...
Well, I will continue building my Stealth 2Box 3 zone cymbal conversion kits and Stealth 2Box HH stand conversion kits for the DI5. And Zourman will still continue building his boxes as well. So, even though the Original 2Box cymbals and HH may not be available there will still be cymbals available with those options.