News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Say hello to the Drumit 3

Started by edcito, April 03, 2017, 01:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ANGR77

I am guessing Deve asks who 2box are today. [Deve was 2box...long time ago]
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

96max5sp

Quote from: ANGR77 on September 29, 2017, 07:33:12 PM
You still get amazed....the 2box is great solution even if 8 years have passed. Don't be so quick to judge the upcoming three as a step back. There could be other models coming up which closes the gap to the current five. (What do we know)

Yes, the competition is really hard but still, even the new stuff have challenges. One shot samples...no editor for multilayer sounds, problems with triggering and so on.

In this case I do believe my old 2box just delivers...

If we really want challenge anything...I am guessing a nice PC, sound card, Trigger to midi interface & SD3 is the way to go! [for the moment...]

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com

This is true, its one step back in terms of outputs and from what i read on the forums this puts it off their shopping list when upgrading. If it works as advertised the universal trigger interface is a great improvement though but nothing else it seems has changed.

It is still a great module eight years later after being released. I mean the TD20X was Rolands flagship i think at the time and this was so much better sounding and can still compete today.

Its other things like why not give the module more internal memory? Why lessen the amount of outputs? Its nice they have 3 zone cymbal compatibility on all cymbal inputs but take 2 of those and make them outputs instead. I think people would have more interest in the additional outputs then having bells on their crashes.

Pret

I corresponded with 2box several times in some not very distant past, among other things asked few questions to try to asses the value of the upcoming 3....
Still USB1.1 instead of 2.0 at least...same memory...lesser amount of outputs indeed...
Hope I'm really wrong...but sounds like suicide.  The only universal trigger compatibility will unlikely push the value of it high enough above 5...5 already is capable of almost universal trigger compatibility, in particular bearing in mind Zourman's and Jman's solutions to HH.
All the rest the 5 looks like still winner...(unless there is a well hidden surprise in it we all are not aware of...)
If they continue with both products....3 may die in terms of market quickly killed by the old trusty 5...if they cease 5 hoping for 3 ...people may start looking the features of 5 elsewhere...

drabotic

I decided to wait drumit three and buy it. I will using it on my acoustic kit, with 2box triggers and e-cymbals.

Now I'm confused, becouse you talking about step back with model three. Should I buy model five or wait new three?

Can you tell me pros and cons in few words? Is three better or not?

Thank you all.

welshsteve

I'd say it's neither as an absoute answer.

But the ability to use Roland and other styles of triggers give it a slight edge as far as I'm concerned. The fact it used DC voltage instead of AC is also a hardly noticed advantage. As a drumit5 user and over the years having 3 power supplies break, trying to find an AC-AC adaptor isn't easy as most electronic stores will not stock something compatible. However, I always found one on eBay which worked. But once in a soundcheck where one failed, I was scared for a while!!!

The two less inputs were never a concern to me as I always have been fine with using 2 only.

So if you find a drumit5 going second hand for a decent price, I'd get it. It will save you a few hundred bucks. If you want a new unit with a gurantee etc, then hold out until it ships.

That's my best advice.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

edcito

The excuse is always the same, 2box is a small company, they cannot compete with roland and Co. ok then don't announce products if you cannot deliver, if they can make only one module a month they can keep it for themselves and their friends. I'm going back to Roland, I won't wait one more day.
Even the website of my "small company" is more updated than the 2box website, still showing the Musikmesse news from 2012 as the latest......

drabotic

Quote from: welshsteve on October 03, 2017, 12:18:28 PM
I'd say it's neither as an absoute answer.

But the ability to use Roland and other styles of triggers give it a slight edge as far as I'm concerned. The fact it used DC voltage instead of AC is also a hardly noticed advantage. As a drumit5 user and over the years having 3 power supplies break, trying to find an AC-AC adaptor isn't easy as most electronic stores will not stock something compatible. However, I always found one on eBay which worked. But once in a soundcheck where one failed, I was scared for a while!!!

The two less inputs were never a concern to me as I always have been fine with using 2 only.

So if you find a drumit5 going second hand for a decent price, I'd get it. It will save you a few hundred bucks. If you want a new unit with a gurantee etc, then hold out until it ships.

That's my best advice.

Thanks for your answer.
I don't want buy second hand, I want new one so three will be my choice. I will wait few more weeks and if still no available, giving up on 2box.

drabotic

Quote from: edcito on October 04, 2017, 01:59:57 PM
The excuse is always the same, 2box is a small company, they cannot compete with roland and Co. ok then don't announce products if you cannot deliver, if they can make only one module a month they can keep it for themselves and their friends. I'm going back to Roland, I won't wait one more day.
Even the website of my "small company" is more updated than the 2box website, still showing the Musikmesse news from 2012 as the latest......

That's true. Some marketing and news will be more than welcome...

drabotic

c/p from another forum, I don't know if it's true:

"Just confirmed with someone very close to this, the drumit 3 is vaporware, not coming anytime soon, keep your drumit 5..."

96max5sp

Quote from: edcito on October 04, 2017, 01:59:57 PM

That's what i am talking about, you don't need a roland marketing budget to keep people informed and excited about a product in today's world. They already have a great product, they just need to keep us informed and act like they are alive out there.

wildhorse5678

Drabotic....i use drumit5 with triggit triggers on acoustic kit and it works perfectly. Theres no need to wait for drumit3 as apart from a few apparantly new sounds its not going to work any differently than Drumit 5 when connected to triggers.  Drumit5 latest operating system has setting specificallly for triggers. And. If and when the new sounds from drumit3  released you can just download and add to the drumit 5. And dont be dismisive of second hand. I bought mine second hand about 3 years ago.. No other drum module is going to give you the acoustic kit sounds that 2box will.

drabotic

Quote from: wildhorse5678 on October 09, 2017, 07:34:55 AM
Drabotic....i use drumit5 with triggit triggers on acoustic kit and it works perfectly. Theres no need to wait for drumit3 as apart from a few apparantly new sounds its not going to work any differently than Drumit 5 when connected to triggers.  Drumit5 latest operating system has setting specificallly for triggers. And. If and when the new sounds from drumit3  released you can just download and add to the drumit 5. And dont be dismisive of second hand. I bought mine second hand about 3 years ago.. No other drum module is going to give you the acoustic kit sounds that 2box will.

Thank you for your answer.
I live in Country where 2box don't have distributor so I can buy it only through the web shop, and can't try it or even see it before. That's why I want to buy new one.
Yes I'm thinking to buy drumit5 if drumit3 won't be available in next 2-3 weeks.
Are you using e-cymbals? If yes, which one?

welshsteve

Quote from: drabotic on October 09, 2017, 07:55:12 AM
Thank you for your answer.
I live in Country where 2box don't have distributor so I can buy it only through the web shop, and can't try it or even see it before. That's why I want to buy new one.
Yes I'm thinking to buy drumit5 if drumit3 won't be available in next 2-3 weeks.
Are you using e-cymbals? If yes, which one?

I am using the 2box cymbal pads, but others work as well. I'd give Jane in Jobeky a call about this, they do some great cymbals and will mod them especially for the 2box kit.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

wildhorse5678

Drabotic.. I use 2 box cymbals with my 2box ekit , but when i use tiggett triggers with acoustic kit i use my Paiste 2000 cymbals. The size of venues im playing doesnt need cymbals to be miced up..they cut though.  I use a Roland drum monitor for drums and also feed signal into PA and our sound guy then boosts signal through PA if guitarists get too loud and drowns out Roland monitor.  Note I also hsve an Alesis 400 drum amp but disapointed with it because it has internal limiter to protect speakers and cuts out which happened in middle of songs in live gigs..not very useful in a Rock Band !!!  I note the comment ref Jobkey and although ive not used them myself i saw them recently at UK drum show and thry looked impressive

Itsme

I really don't get what this works with any other pad thing is all about , I've only just turned on to 2box after playing Roland kits since 2005, I gig with an A to E conversion and TD-12 , the 2 box works fine with my Roland cymbals ( of course not hi hat) but I'm ok with the stock hats, I've created a second SD card with the trigger settings for my A to E kit which works fine with the 2 box with centre mounted triggers so to use any other pads would be a step back IMO, anyone who owns anything less than a Roland kit isn't going to spend £800 or £2000 for mimic to use any other cheap pad with IMO , so all you need is what you've got , I've left out Yamaha cuz I hate those pads lol, Plus with the five you have more OUTS which is a plus for anyone gigging with Electronics , I've never really got on with any other head other than mesh anyway .👍 Just my 5 cents worth , drumit 5 is already a good and usable module I think a new software and kit upgrade would have been better , all I'm after now is the zourman hi hat box for my VH 11 😀