News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Say hello to the Drumit 3

Started by edcito, April 03, 2017, 01:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRage

Quote from: edtc on April 25, 2017, 01:42:35 PM
yes , but il looks a bit bigger than the one on the DRUMITfive unit ...

Is it really bigger? I'm not sure. Even then it's only bigger letters/symbols, I'm Ok with display size on DrumitFive module.

Also I've noticed the label "DC In" on top of the module. Apparently the power supply been changed from 18V transformer to AC/DC PSU.
Posted by some mistake.

Jman

I believe the module is longer. There are more inputs so they needed more real estate compared to the original PCB. Good eye on the DC in. Could be they have found a better power adapter with this one. The Drumit Five adapter is not a very common type.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

JRage

Quote from: Jman on April 26, 2017, 07:03:48 PM
I believe the module is longer. There are more inputs so they needed more real estate compared to the original PCB. Good eye on the DC in. Could be they have found a better power adapter with this one. The Drumit Five adapter is not a very common type.
Yes, the module is longer, but I doubt that display is larger too, it looks the same size to me.
Out of interest I found an old video from 2015, where DrumitThree was first demoed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7g4hLLYhjA
That old one module is shorter with 10 inputs and still has a label "AC in" (see in video at about 1:03). So this change apparently was done sometime after 2015.
Posted by some mistake.

ANGR77

I think Bengt mentioned that they changed adaptor based on EU regulations...to AC/DC. The story about the old AC/AC adaptor was to cut costs...it was a big difference back in 2009 between the power adapters.

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com / hi-hat conversions for 2box
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

welshsteve

Anyone have any more news of release date of this? I plan to get rid of my TD15 module for it. So I expect (or hope) to be one of the first buyers, pending stocks of course!
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

edcito

I wouldn't hold my breath for a release before October/November this year, 2box mention "late summer" but knowing the experience with the 2box 5 release dates being pushed several times I don't think this will be possible...

hemiboy

And those if us who own or owned drummit 5's, thinking the drummit 6 was soon to arrive. How disillusioned we were. Many  the 3 coming out first, and the TD 50, Strike and Pearl mimic, 2 box can steal the best technologies from the 3 and come out with a real show stopper!  E drums tech running rapid now!!

nocturnodrummer

I have a strange feeling that drumit 3 will be the last 2box module.. They are just to small to survive the mimic pro. When pearl introduce the multilayer editor it can be a tough opponent to 2box. Without some kind of revolution it will be very difficult to attract new customers. The ready-made libraries would be a hit in my opinion. The majority of people want to just play the drums. Dial the sound some more or even pay for finished presets made by professionals similar to vex kits for roland. It is all possible with mimic pro. 2box will always be for drum nerds :)

ANGR77

Hi!

I don't know much about the 2box future...but i still think the 2box DrumIt Five is a great product!

It seems to be a Mimic fever out there...of course a good system...but still very limited by the VST, round robins, hi-hat implementations and other stuff. After reading all the posts on the Vdrums forum about Mimic...I am still believe that the sound editor will take time before we see it launched on the market...if ever. There are a lot of other stuff which needs to be fixed first and I don't think Mr Slate would prioritize this development(he wants to sell sounds)...but maybe Pearl do. I could of course be wrong here.

Then you have the issue...a Mimic cost 3 times a DrumIt 3...so I still believe there is a great market for it!

This was my speculations!

Best Regards

Anders / www.zourman.com / Roland Hi-hat conversion modules for 2box.
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

welshsteve

I think the same, the mimic is a fantastic product for the guy that can spend £2200+ on the module alone, but out of all edrummers, I would put that market into the top 10% perhaps. For the guys (like me) that don't or will never have that kind of money, £700 approx for a drumit3 will be easy. The option for it could seriously do with being seen and heard out there in Marketing land. It would still have a good customer base.

edtc

hello 2boxers ...

Does anyone know if the Drumit 3 will be compatible with 3 zones YAMAHA CY cymbals ans XP silicon pads ...?
Those use one stereo cable for 3 zones , The feel of those pads is great  and the rim separation is fantastic .

welshsteve

yeah I believe it will. The universal triggering feature is what will probably appeal to folks with Roland/yamaha pads.

edtc

Compatible for sure... but all 3 zones available ?

Chrisk

Quote from: ANGR77 on July 05, 2017, 04:54:46 PM
Hi!
It seems to be a Mimic fever out there...of course a good system...but still very limited by the VST, round robins, hi-hat implementations and other stuff. After reading all the posts on the Vdrums forum about Mimic...I am still believe that the sound editor will take time before we see it launched on the market...if ever. There are a lot of other stuff which needs to be fixed first and I don't think Mr Slate would prioritize this development(he wants to sell sounds)...but maybe Pearl do. I could of course be wrong here.

What do you means very limited by the vst?

There is no major bugs, only refinement need to be made for some, mostly are minor, around next week there is update, most things you are reading was old cable or cable not fits right with heavy duty jack, or 2 people used to use vdrum, hitting medium velocity and reaching 90-127 quickly with default Roland linear and sensitivities this what happens,  they only adjusting the curve for their own style playability, this is because they got used to limited layers and hot spot all the time, their vdrum demo proof it.

The hi-hat playability is at worst like Roland, with lots of more velocity\round robin, superior sound. The sound editor is more close then you thinks, it was started 2 month ago on development, definitively before 2018, we are talking very few months, and even after build the instruments, all option remain for the sound, all individual editing for each instruments, except room channel. Future update will include sequencer, and request from users.

ANGR77

Hi!

This is a 2box forum, I love my 2box and I even producing some third part equipment for 2box...so don't lissen to me if you want to go another way. I don't own a Mimic and have never tested it. But It looks like a refreshing unit and it has given the market some bust.

But still...to hardcode a VST (even the sounds) into a hardware is very limited compared to what I have today in 2box.

After seen a reply regarding the "Mimic editor" on vdrums.com (from what I believe is the best part of the Mimic...Mr Boo), my feeling is the editor is not even on the drawing board. I think you need to double your estimated time when it will be launched. But again, my speculations...and what do I know.

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com