News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Say hello to the Drumit 3

Started by edcito, April 03, 2017, 01:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edcito

Quote from: mistery on April 11, 2017, 08:23:55 AM
To be honest, I usually puke after hearing something like that. Can't stand the "salesman-talk", sorry.
Well you must hate apple and roland then haha

welshsteve

Puke, really? So you'd prefer someone selling and that's what it's about, talking like they don't know the answers and are guessing. To each their own, but I would like to think a clued up and passionate salesman is a better route for a products success.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

welshsteve

Quote from: edcito on April 11, 2017, 08:28:20 AM
Well, I dare you to say all that in a foreign language, like german :-)

Yeah fair enough English isn't his first language, and I have to stress, I have had dealings with Bengt myself and he's an absolute gentleman! There was another video from 2box some years ago with an American rep and he was so blasé about the product (drumit 5) and gave wrong answers! This video is by no means as bad as that, it's not bad, but considering all the competition that's out there, I think a lot more could be done to drum up interest in Drumit3 and that goes down to someone who knows it inside out and is above all else passionate about it!

Just my opinion.

ANGR77

Hi, I think you are too hard judging Bengt. Would you all have performed better if you got a camera in your face from a sonicstate journalist just walking by your booth...?

Bengt is a living legend and have created fantastic e-drums for decades.

I think with a great price, open sound and trigger system the "Three" will blow the near priced modules to pieces...like TD-11, TD-15 and Alesis will definitely be at risk.

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com / fantastic hi-hat conversions for 2box
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

AndyMo

The DrumIt 3 looks like a very interesting module.

Apart from the reduced number of outputs, I'm wondering what my DrumIt 5 offers over and above the 3. I'm also wondering whether we will see a new 5 (or 6, or whatever) module.

I use the DrumIt 5 module and cymbals, with Jobeky drums (and Roland BT-1 bar triggers).

It might be worth an 'upgrade' to the DrumIt 3 (plus suitable cymbals/snare) if it gives me a great hi-hat and 3 zone snare and ride.

Cheers,
Andy

edtc

IMO , the vidéo was shot after lunch ... :)

welshsteve

Quote from: ANGR77 on April 11, 2017, 10:41:44 AM
Hi, I think you are too hard judging Bengt. Would you all have performed better if you got a camera in your face from a sonicstate journalist just walking by your booth...?

Bengt is a living legend and have created fantastic e-drums for decades.

Yeah, you're right I am and I don't mean to sound too critical as I agree with you on Bengt, as I stated, he's been ace with my dealing with him!

I am talking more from "If I was there as a rep" perspective. I know that a little arrogant to say, but I want to see 2box do so well in this very tough market but I think they deserve to.

mistery

Quote from: edcito on April 11, 2017, 08:30:05 AM
Well you must hate apple and roland then haha
:)) My man. I certainly am not a fan, to say the least.
Still using Roland products, nonetheless, but lately have been moving away by adding other-brand triggers. Besides, of all the Roland stuff that I've got, only one cy-5 was bought brand new as the first expansion.

Quote from: welshsteve on April 11, 2017, 09:14:01 AM
Puke, really? So you'd prefer someone selling and that's what it's about, talking like they don't know the answers and are guessing.

All I'm saying is that any type of salesman-talk usually gets me off rather than the other way around. For one, I prefer the answers to be concise and contain only the useful information about exactly what was asked. Don't need to hear a whole speech if an answer can be provided in one or two sentences.

Other than that, I prefer reading the technical specs, 3rd-party reviews, and testing the product on my own. There's probably nothing Bengt could have said in that answer that would make me buy this module.
What works for me is the PDF sheet that is published on 2Box site, the sound that will hopefully be available in video or audio reviews, opinions from people who get to play the module, and trying it out in the store myself, just like I did with 5.
What made up my mind in case of 5 was incompatibility with Roland 3-zone rides (which I happen to have and am happy with), other-brand hi-hats (same here), and perhaps another detail or two.
I'm simply not buying products based on hype. That has the opposite effect on me as I feel I'm being treated as an idiot. However, that seems to work with many. :)

puttenvr

I hope the sample import of vst is better in this unit
Like I wrote before in this forum (and some people also reported on vdrums.com) converted vst samples sounded perfect on my pc but lack some focus/byte/definition in the drumit module.
Never found out what it is.

Always returned to the factory samples afterwards
Which are perfect 😊

ANGR77

Hello!

I must claim the opposit situation ... I am only playing with my SDSE converted samples from AD2 instead of the factory samples, which in my ears works better (for me)

The factory samples are more advanced in sampling...these sounds seems to have a sampling structure of a stereo track with all layers times 5. 2box have an internal special software tool to compile theses factory samples. In this tool you also see that the hi-hat sound strucure was enabled for 9 different triggers. This is also what you see on your 2box when dealing with the triggers like the hi-hat...bow is 4, edge is 8 and pedal/chick is 9...

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com / hi-hat conversion modules for 2box
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

edtc

From what i have tested , if you dont allow the sound to be pitched up , the degradation is less audible ...

I also hope the will improve this on future OS updates . Those should be applicable to Drumit5 as the engine seems to be the quite same on the 3 ...

violaole

Another interesting video showing as the Drumit Three works with different brands of pads and cymbals....

Very very interesting!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaU3XiTLPQY

hemiboy

That reminds me of when I ordered  my first 2 box 5 module from guitar center . From the salespeople to all the managers, none of them knew that they were a 2 box dealer, that hoshono was the distributor, nothing except me. They were good kids, but the problem I blame on ownership and top management. When a product is being introduced and needs a big send off to let the world know what it is, there should be extensive marketing and trading to lock it off. I still think that Roland had some monopoly on guitar center that definitely halted a lot of what I just mentioned

JRage

Quote from: violaole on April 24, 2017, 12:39:08 PM
Another interesting video showing as the Drumit Three works with different brands of pads and cymbals....

Very very interesting!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaU3XiTLPQY

I didn't see anyone notice the biggest drawback when compared to drumitFive - no more orange display light   ???
;)
Posted by some mistake.

edtc

Quote from: JRage on April 25, 2017, 08:07:01 AM
I didn't see anyone notice the biggest drawback when compared to drumitFive - no more orange display light   ???
;)

yes , but il looks a bit bigger than the one on the DRUMITfive unit ...