News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Say hello to the Drumit 3

Started by edcito, April 03, 2017, 01:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

puttenvr

Where is that message?

I only see a guy who is raving about the old drumit 3 module two years ago who had medeli pads

ANGR77

The "Three" worked like charm when I tested it last year with 2box, Yamaha and Roland hihats.

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com / Great hi-hat conversions for 2box
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

puttenvr

Exactly
I can.t imagine they release a bad working module in these days

welshsteve

Quote from: puttenvr on April 05, 2017, 07:14:34 PM
Exactly
I can.t imagine they release a bad working module in these days

I hear that as it was 2 years ago when the phototype was shown, 2 years to iron out the kinks with the operation and marketing/production etc.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

Jman

Quote from: welshsteve on April 05, 2017, 11:25:39 PM
I hear that as it was 2 years ago when the phototype was shown, 2 years to iron out the kinks with the operation and marketing/production etc.
2 years ago after Musikmesse they started over. The module shown 2 years ago didn't have dual HH inputs and extra inputs for Roland style 3 zone cymbals. They essentially scrapped the original Drumit Three and started over opting to build a module with "more" universal eDrum compatibility.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

edcito

Quote from: puttenvr on April 05, 2017, 06:29:43 PM
Where is that message?

I only see a guy who is raving about the old drumit 3 module two years ago who had medeli pads
Musikmesse 2017 wer geht wann hin und wo? Außerdem: Berichte in Wort und Bild
"Quo vadis Musikmesse
Ich war heute auf der Messe und bin, gelinde gesagt, enttäuscht. Für das, was die Messe bietet ist der Preis, 30â,¬ Eintritt, 13â,¬ Parken, viel zu teuer! Ich bin geneigt hier von Abzocke zu sprechen.
Pearl fehlt, drum-tec fehlt und Roland steht angeblich irgendwo in Frankfurt mit einem Truck. Das 2Box drumit 3 ist nicht ausgegoren. Die HHat furchtbar. Alesis Strike, typisch Alesis gute Idee aber die Umsetzung mangelhaft. HHat furchtbar und auf der Snare nervt der Maschinengewehreffekt. Das einzige Modul, das nicht oder nur wenig entäuschte, war das AD5."

In short, he complains entry and parking too expensive, 2box drumit 3 sucked, hihat sucks, alesis sucks, atv ad5 not so much, maybe he just wasn't in the mood :-)

edcito

there's a couple of pics from drum-tec triyng out the drumit 3 with their diabolo pads and what looks like roland cymbals, but still not a word about pricing or availability yet... so I'm afraid is not ready to hit the market just yet... :-\

https://www.facebook.com/officialdrumtec/photos/pcb.1360267130685850/1360262647352965/?type=3&theater

That avatar kit looks amazing, I wonder if it supports PS and 127 steps opening on the Hihat... ;D

Chrisk

I used the translator:

"I was at the show today and am disappointed to say the least. For what the fair offers is the price, 30 â,¬ entrance, 13 â,¬ parking, way too expensive! I am inclined to speak here of rip-off.
Pearl missing, drum-tec is missing and Roland is allegedly somewhere in Frankfurt with a truck. The 2Box drumit 3 is not released, the HHat terrible. Alesis Strike, typical Alesis good idea but the implementation deficient, HHat terrible and on the snare nerves the machine gun effect. The only module that did not or only slightly deceived was the AD5 "

edcito

thanks for the translation, I was too lazy to do it...
Yeah, ok, that german forum is basically for drum teachers and acoustic drummers, the electro things dont get a lot of love or attention there, I've met a couple of their members and they still think the roland td-3 is the latest and greatest...

Chrisk

Quote from: edcito on April 06, 2017, 06:39:19 AM
thanks for the translation, I was too lazy to do it...
Yeah, ok, that german forum is basically for drum teachers and acoustic drummers, the electro things dont get a lot of love or attention there, I've met a couple of their members and they still think the roland td-3 is the latest and greatest...

they where talking on the playability then with the response, AD5 trigs very well, but the trigger setting  do a roles as well on each module, depend how you play and you set it with x brand used, and  I would not take 100% as accurate statement, module might not even finished, these kind of reports take it with a salt and grain..until its officially released, these event product are never finished in most case.

puttenvr

Quote from: chris k on April 06, 2017, 06:42:46 AM
.... and  I would not take 100% as accurate statement, module might not even finished, these kind of reports take it with a salt and grain..until its officially released

Then please don't quote them

edcito

Well, we said hello and nothing happened.... sad.... :'(

welshsteve

Yeah,
I have been looking on youtube and Facebook for anything from Musikmesse 2017 and NOTHING! It was there, most of the new gear has shown up on the search including a not so good demo of Strike Pro (still with that bloody useless/pointless bass guitar/synth patch, but no one has taken a video of it (Drumit3) in action.
On a side note, one of the newest owners of Strike Pro has put a video up on youtube and the feedback isn't great so far. The snare is pretty good (although with that machine gun effect at max velocity) but he complains the hihat function isn't very good.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

edtc

any idea of release date ?  price ?

puttenvr

German distributor says
shipping this summer
price around 840 euro