News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Say hello to the Drumit 3

Started by edcito, April 03, 2017, 01:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edcito

2box.se

Still 4GB on board memory...
Based on the same technology as the DrumIt Five we have now added the Universal Trigger Interface
allowing the user to connect any kind of pad/trigger to the module*. The new DrumIt Three comply
with all popular major drum pad manufacturers’ pads, including cymbals and hi-hats.!!

edtc

very clever this universal trigger thing ...  no more hastle with hihat or cymbals ...

I hope they will sell a ton of those modules to former ROLAND/YAMAHA users , and another ton to DIYers ...

mistery

This is great news!

I was not aware that this module has been announced two years ago. But the feature set fits!

The first mod will probably be to get rid of that 4GB card. :)

puttenvr

Hope they will add an updated drumitfive too. Otherwise they kill their own machine.

Murgen

No info on hihat? Still hall-based or do they support Roland and others now?
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

AndyMo

The small print on the PDF on the website:

* Pads piezo and switch technology are supported. A compatibility list and recommendations for settings will be available on our Webpage soon.

welshsteve

This looks like a step in the right direction, loads more inputs. Actually makes having a drumit5 meaningless at this juncture. The 4gb card isn't an issue to me personally, but I often run out of memory because of loops and FX sounds.
3 zone snare and universal hihat compatibility sounds great too. I can use the Jobeky Hat I just acquired now!
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

Coda

You can see in the PDF there are 2 inputs for each cymbal, 2 inputs for hi-hat.
So I think by "Universal" it means that they've adopted Roland/Alesis type trigger inputs.
I just hope they've retained 2box pad/cymbal/hat backwards compatibility.

I'm interested to know what they mean by 3-zone snare though.

welshsteve

Quote from: Coda on April 03, 2017, 04:22:40 PM
You can see in the PDF there are 2 inputs for each cymbal, 2 inputs for hi-hat.
So I think by "Universal" it means that they've adopted Roland/Alesis type trigger inputs.
I just hope they've retained 2box pad/cymbal/hat backwards compatibility.

I am guessing it's for rimshot, rim-clicks and pad.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

puttenvr

Top head
Bottom head
Shell
😱🥁😜

edtc

Quote from: Coda on April 03, 2017, 04:22:40 PM

Maybe it s compatible with Yamaha PIEZO/SWITCH/SWITCH  3 zone snares ...like the TP100 or TP65S , they have 3/4  edge sensor for rimshot , and 1/4 for side-stick ... Second rim has a resistor .. same system used for their 3 zones cymbals ...

The 2 ins for HH , IMO its HH pad + HH control pedal ( roland , yamaha etc ) , for the cymbals , can be the BELL input for roland 3 zones rides ...

edtc

Quote from: welshsteve on April 03, 2017, 03:46:48 PM
This looks like a step in the right direction, loads more inputs. Actually makes having a drumit5 meaningless at this juncture.

It s the same number of inputs . 15 like the DRUMIT5 ... AUX ins are for other brands compatibility .

Quite sure you cant use them as 4 more inputs ...

Jman

Quote from: edtc on April 03, 2017, 05:16:29 PM
It s the same number of inputs . 15 like the DRUMIT5 ... AUX ins are for other brands compatibility .

Quite sure you cant use them as 4 more inputs ...
I agree, the reason the Drumit 3 did not release years ago is because they wanted to make it "Universal". So my best guess is that the additional inputs are not to increase the number of pads/cymbals but to add inputs for alternate types/brands. For example a Roland 3 zone ride would require 2 inputs so I would guess you would use both A and B of the Cymbal inputs for that. A Roland 2 zone crash would require only one of the Cymbal inputs. A Roland Hi Hat would be connected with the HH controller to one HH input, HH cymbal to the other. But we will have to wait for further info to verify all the compatible pads, cymbals, zones, etc. But, hey, it would be great if those extra inputs could support additional cymbals/pads increasing the number of pads on your kit and you could assign any sound you want.

Edit, I think I can now confirm that the cymbal A and B inputs are still only 3 cymbals that can be connected/used. The additional B input is for modules that need 2 inputs for a 3 zone cymbal. Still pretty cool if you like 3 zones for all of your cymbals.
In typical Politcal style I will refuse to name my source ..... LOL.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

edtc

hey , mr LOPER ... any info about price and availability ..?   

Is the headphone out usable as OUT 5+6 ?