News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

know this before you buy ... Big problems in hardware !

Started by mishkah, April 29, 2010, 09:17:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mishkah

see image    http://i43.tinypic.com/90d5yg.jpg   

please fix these problems before selling !!!

ive went to hear the 2box drums for the final decision and the module sounds
good even compared to a MAC with RME fireface and BFD.

but the pads rims break ! rubber-bands tare , rubber ring jumps out ,
the cymbles screw are allready not
screwable (aluminum problem) snare stand wobbles. KICK DRUM trigger tore the mesh head !
this is just on a kit that some people try to play in the shop .
how am i supposed to TAKE THEM ON TOUR and play alot of gigs  ?

this edrums have the greatest potential in the market, just fix the bugs !
sadlly
im only interested to buy  the module now.
or ill wait to see if these issues will be fixed

CAN I BUY THE MODULE on its own ?

Remi

I think people are more careful when they own something.
I wonder why the shop leave the kit in this state and dont fix it.

madmanmafimardi

vinnie pauls drumkit will also break in pieces if you put it in a shop and let everyone bashing on it.
every musical instrument must be used with proper tecnique or else it breaks.
I see the problems, but I´ve have been playing on my kit nonstop for almost 5 month now, and.......
NO PROBLEMS!

I´m sorry too say: But I think now, theres is a lot "bad" drummers that got the 2box kit.
I wrecked my roland td-5 too when I was a kid.

fishmonkey

if you were going to tour with the 2Box you would definitely want to use other mounting hardware. for the price of the kit you can't expect everything to be tour ready.

the "rubber bands" are standard o-rings. easy to buy, and easy to replace. it's not a good idea to keep bashing on a rim when one of the o-rings has snapped, because then you can damage the rubber strip that the rim sits in.

i've no idea what happened to that kick drum. nobody else has reported a problem like that.

UC

Hi peeps - just to let you know, I've removed the duplicate post in the General forum as a) this is the original and b) it's hardware-related.

(thanks fm)

Baby Samus

Well guys I have had my kit since December 09, and I have played it for probably around 100 hours - I have had no real issues until the other day - my base drum skin has burst in exactgly the same way as in Mishkah's photo.  I am not a heavy hitter at all and only use a single pedal, but I think it burst because of where my beater was positioned.

The sensor is mounted too high in the base drum pad, because to miss it with the beater and hit the cushioned part above the sensor you have to set your beater very high.  Too high for me really, so I shortened it and made sure it only just touched the cushioned part.  So my advice to 2Box is, place the base drum sensor somewhere else, as it impacts on where you can place the beater which is causing people to break the skin.

The rim on my snare also came loose.  On Scottie's advice I opened the snare pad up and reseated everything.  The ring still pops out.  Everything is still working ok, but I agree that in the future they should consider a more durable way to attach the rims as this seems flimsy compared to other brands.

Even so, everything is still working and I'm sure I can fix these things on my own.  However, if they want to compete with Roland and Yamaha etc, they need to look at toughening these things up and making them better for future customers.

Also Fishmonkey is spot on, if you want tour ready hardware you need to pay extra...

Baby Samus

Base Drum problem solved - replaced burst mesh head with a mylar powerstroke head.  Works great , seems a lot tougher.  Now just need to mod those rims!

goltooth

in Paris we have "public" bicycles, available for anyone who wants to ride it. They are built like hummers and they are about as heavy. Each of them cost about $5000 a year in building and maintenance. 50% of them are broken. It is sad but it has to do  with private property.