News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Reset issue, USB mode, reinstalling files etc

Started by BarmeyB, March 21, 2017, 10:36:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarmeyB

Hi.

New to this forum and absolutely loving my secondhand 2box that I got recently. I have a few questions that I hope someone can help with. I realise it is quite a steep learning curve getting to know the system but I can't find help on these issues and haven't been able to find the answers on the forum (yet!).

Reset issue (I know others have had similar problems on here but not quite the same). I am trying to reset the module to factory settings and wiping previous owners settings etc. I have followed, as far as I can tell, all the procedures in the manuals (updated to latest software etc) and am trying to do the reset on the module but each time i do it wont reset and comes up with 'NoChng' message. I've tried it every which way but to no avail.  Am I missing something? Does the fact that the software has been updated to a newer version than originally installed have an effect? Should/can the module be in USB mode and can it be reset from my PC by formatting it or similar? Is it possible or even a good idea to wipe all files when connected up to PC and reload with new ones and is it possible to download a fresh install (think I've seen a link on the forum but if someone could help with the procedure it would be great)

Another (possibly related) issue I'm having is when in USB mode and launching the DrumIt editor I am getting a "Could not load missing sounds" message with a list of the samples for the default kit. Then, when in the editor it shows the kit(s) with a list of the sounds assigned as normal but I cannot edit and any of them or get any sound when clicking the 'pads'. In trying to load sounds from a back up I made when I first got the kit it is showing all the folders for the various sounds but there are no files inside...? This happens both with the module connected in USB mode and when just starting the editor on its own.

Also, is it normal for the module having 3.6gb memory used up and will resetting it free up space for loading up other sounds etc. The cymbals appear to take up a around 1.5gb - is that correct too?

Thanks.
BarneyB

Jman

I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

BarmeyB

Thank you Jman. I had seen this link before but wasn't sure if it was what I was looking for. Thanks for confirming and I will give it a go at some point.