News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Control 2box hihat with trigger io

Started by jwoito, March 28, 2017, 11:16:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwoito

I am looking to buy a 2box module and currently have an Alesis trigger io. Would I be able to control my roland hi hat if I use the trigger io as a midi in to the 2box module and just use the trigger io for the hihat inputs?
Thanks

edcito

Nope, it won't work. You'll need to buy mine :patbat2box:

Coda

You have several options:

• Buy a 2box hihat and sell your Roland
  • Buy a aftermarket hihat controller to use with your Roland
  • Buy a zourman orange box to use with your Roland
  • Buy a Gen16 cymbal pack and sell your Roland, and use a mixture of Gen16 and other e-cymbals directly on the 2box

jwoito

Thank you. So a goedrum hi hat controller for example would work?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221631704295

welshsteve

Yes, but you'd need (as Jman said) Zurmann's drums little 42 box. As well as a 2 zone cymbal. I think I have got that right.
Apparently this achieves much more smoother hat control than the 2box Hihat.

Jman also sells a conversion kit too!
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

Coda

Quote from: welshsteve on March 30, 2017, 12:49:29 AM
Yes, but you'd need (as Jman said)....Jman also sells a conversion kit too!
I'm not Jman. I'm more handsome for a start :)

Anyway jwoito, yes Jman sells the aftermarket hihat controller box. Details are in the trade sub-forum. I built mine from parts but he supplies the complete finished box, magnet, instructions, etc.
If you have a VH-11/12 with separate controller, and you want to continue using the position controller, Zourman's box might be the way to go. Jman's box doesn't use the separate controller part of the hi-hat, you'll just use any cymbal you want (or real hi-hats triggered and suitably dampened).

Edit: Sorry I just forgot you linked to a goedrum controller so you are not using a VH-11/12. In this case I'd get a controller like Jman's, and you can use any cymbal you like with it (or real hats as I mentioned above).

welshsteve

Oops! Sorry Coda! And I'll take your word for it about being more handsome!!
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

ANGR77

Hi! The Geodrum hi-hat which emulates Vh-11 will work great with a Zourman module and 2box.

Best Regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Jman

Mentioned already several times I guess. But you can use my Stealth 2Box HH Stand Conversion Kit as described in this thread: http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,1890.0.html and it will work with virtually any eCymbal, VH Hi Hat, etc. on a HH stand or with other ePedal. Or the Zourman box along with the controllers he mentions. Or the original 2Box Hi Hat ..... edcito has a brand new one for sale in the classified section  .....  :)
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

edtc

you could try to play without HiHat ... :) ..... it s the cheapest option ...