News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Need snare sound advice

Started by Drumster, February 25, 2017, 07:00:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drumster

I have the 32gig card from Jman with e-nerd sounds and like some of the toms and kick sounds but just haven't been able to gel with the snare sounds. The best, for my taste, are #38 (Nashval) & # 50 (Bubinga), in that order but even those aren't what I want to hear. The "Supra" sound (#48) is not bad except it lacks presence compared to some others. I'm not crazy about any of the hats sounds either, and only one ride gets any use.

So I'm curious to know what some of you have come up with in the way of either tweaking the on-board sounds or else sourcing some from elsewhere. I use I hear only through Senn HD 280 head phones.

Thanks...

Jman

Did you find all the snares on the card? I just ask that because besides the Snare folder and in the eNerd folders, there are snares in 3 other folders on the card. So if you just change instruments within the Snare folder you will not find the other new snares.  These are the other folders with snares:  New Snares, Drumasonic, and Red Sparkle. So in those folders there are 8 snares. I don't know if those will suit you either, but just to let you know if you hadn't seen or tried any of those.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Drumster

Quote from: Jman on February 26, 2017, 01:21:23 AM
Did you find all the snares on the card? I just ask that because besides the Snare folder and in the eNerd folders, there are snares in 3 other folders on the card. So if you just change instruments within the Snare folder you will not find the other new snares.  These are the other folders with snares:  New Snares, Drumasonic, and Red Sparkle. So in those folders there are 8 snares. I don't know if those will suit you either, but just to let you know if you hadn't seen or tried any of those.

I'm pretty sure I've tried all options including that but I'll double check to make sure. Thanks.

Drumaster

Quote from: Jman on February 26, 2017, 01:21:23 AM
Hi Jman. Are there some snares you could share here and that are not on eNerd's site and on default 4GB card? If so, I assume you could share them here as you offer them with your 32GB extender card mod.

Sorry in advance if I missed any post about that.

Thanks!

David

welshsteve

Sharing is a tentative subject. If it's a snare you've sampled yourself, as in, your own personal drum, I believe that's okay. If you're talking a ripped VST (Superior drummer, Ez drummer, BFG etc) then sharing is a big no no.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

Drumaster

Quote from: welshsteve on March 07, 2017, 03:51:24 PM
Sharing is a tentative subject. If it's a snare you've sampled yourself, as in, your own personal drum, I believe that's okay. If you're talking a ripped VST (Superior drummer, Ez drummer, BFG etc) then sharing is a big no no.
If Jman gives those sounds, I guess it's not VST ones, right? ;)

edtc

IMO those are the extra sounds from 2BOX website ... you can download them directly there ...

Jman

Quote from: edtc on March 10, 2017, 04:42:39 PM
IMO those are the extra sounds from 2BOX website ... you can download them directly there ...
Correct.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/