News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

some help please..

Started by mr.inn, April 25, 2010, 01:07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr.inn

Hello!

I had the 2box kit since the first release. I have been playing it a lot, both in my studio and live. in a studio environment i cant get a single clean recording out of it. Im so tired of the hihat triggering random samples and i have no idea how to make it work.... it just doesn't sound tight even though its right in time. when playing a standard 4/4 the variations in sound is just to great. i haven't been able to record one decent track. So please all of you guys who say that the hh works great... what adjustments have you made? Im using a iron cobra hit stand so that is not the problem. another annoying thing is everytime i let go of the hh-pedal it triggers a heelsplash sound.
I used to have a td12 kit and the "feel" of it was great and reliable but the sounds where more or less crap... with 2box i feel its the other way around... it sounds great but the "feel" is way off (the toms and snare works like a charm tough). I also have problems with wobbling kick that double triggers and the cymbal zones, but the hihat is the most annoying issue to me.
So if anyone have some good advice on how to set up the hh please share it with me.

Thanx for a great forum.

Scottie

Quote from: mr.inn on April 25, 2010, 01:07:42 PM
Hello!

I had the 2box kit since the first release. I have been playing it a lot, both in my studio and live. in a studio environment i cant get a single clean recording out of it. Im so tired of the hihat triggering random samples and i have no idea how to make it work.... it just doesn't sound tight even though its right in time. when playing a standard 4/4 the variations in sound is just to great. i haven't been able to record one decent track. So please all of you guys who say that the hh works great... what adjustments have you made? Im using a iron cobra hit stand so that is not the problem. another annoying thing is everytime i let go of the hh-pedal it triggers a heelsplash sound.
I used to have a td12 kit and the "feel" of it was great and reliable but the sounds where more or less crap... with 2box i feel its the other way around... it sounds great but the "feel" is way off (the toms and snare works like a charm tough). I also have problems with wobbling kick that double triggers and the cymbal zones, but the hihat is the most annoying issue to me.
So if anyone have some good advice on how to set up the hh please share it with me.

Thanx for a great forum.

Hi Mr Inn

Can you tell me what OS you are running?

Thanks
Scott

mr.inn

fishmonkey

have you tried the instructions in this thread:

http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,121.0.html

go to the bottom of the thread, and ignore the video as it is for the pre-1.04 firmware...

mr.inn

hi!
I´ve done everything "by the book" sort of speak + some tweaking on my own. So far i haven´t been able to get my hihat even close to the "smothness" of my roland vh11. otherwise the kit works good.
/Inn

DJDrums

I was getting alot of erronous results from my hats when it was on the 2 box stand. I have taken it onto my yamaha stand, no longer touching the rack, and its now perfect. It is however on a fairly soft carpet, so vibration is now non existant. Maybe your surroundings aren't helping you?? Or try getting your hands on another hi hat stand to try.