News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

90% of the samples disappeared

Started by dj_porter, March 19, 2017, 03:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dj_porter

Hi
I had been using the module for years, 50% of the samples are custom made by myself, today I found out 90% of the samples in the module have no volume at all and some a very faint volume, some kits changed but most of the custom kits I made and I had been playing for 5 years are incomplete, I am puzzled, is the module faulty? I didn't change a thing, this just happened with no reason whatsoever

thank you

Coda

It sounds like your SDCard bit the dust. I assume you are using the same 4gb card which came with the module, you haven't done an SDCard extension and replaced the card with something else?

dj_porter

I have the conversion and a 32gb card that it worked perfectly for years, what I dont get is why just the CUSTOM samples are gone and not the ones from the original library,

Coda

That is a bit of a mystery. I would put the card in your pc and format it, do a low level test if you have the tools, and then restore your data back. It may turn out that you just need to get a new card.
Before you do that though, I suggest you check that the dkit file on the card has not become corrupted. Try playing the affected samples directly off the card plugged into your PC if you havent already, to determine if the samples themselves are good/bad or if its just the settings in the dkit file that have gone screwy.

Lustar

I would do what Coda suggested: try opening the drumit.dkit kit bank on your computer with the 2box Editor or Dkit Manager. If the sounds play fine and the kit bank looks OK it's the 32GB card or the module.

If you have the original 4GB card you can use it to check that the module and the .dsnd are fine:
- copy a few custom .dsnd to your original 4GB card
- try it on the module
If it works with the 4GB card the 32GB card might just need to be formatted:
- copy everything from the card to a folder on the computer.
- format the card (tool here)
- copy the files back to the card

Edit: it turned out to be the power supply