News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Pearl Thumper...

Started by Drumster, March 06, 2017, 09:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drumster

I'm thinking of getting a Pearl Throne Thumper but would like to know its power consumption. Should be an info plate indicating how many watts it gobbles up. I'd appreciate anyone letting me know what it is...

ANGR77

Hi!

I could check to night when rehearsing on my unit.

Best regards

Anders / Zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

ANGR77

My states 230V and 1A...which means 230W power consumption..

Best regards

Anders / Zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Drumster

Quote from: ANGR77 on March 07, 2017, 10:34:03 PM
My states 230V and 1A...which means 230W power consumption..

Best regards

Anders / Zourman.com

Awesome - I've ordered one. Thanks!

Murgen

Got one for 2-3 years now, can't live without it. For practise. When you play without it you miss the thump instantly.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

Drumster

Have had mine for one day now and I like it. It seems to make the playing experience a little more visceral; closer to playing my beloved old acoustics!

Now - I just need to find a non-metallic, three-zone ride cymbal that won't totally breaking the bank... pretty sure Roland would do that. But there MUST be a decent alternative. I currently have no actual 2box cymbals

Search is not getting me very far so any recommendations for a naturally responding ride would be really appreciated.

edtc

Quote from: Drumster on March 11, 2017, 10:55:42 PM

Now - I just need to find a non-metallic, three-zone ride cymbal that won't totally breaking the bank... pretty sure Roland would do that. But there MUST be a decent alternative. I currently have no actual 2box cymbals

Search is not getting me very far so any recommendations for a naturally responding ride would be really appreciated.

Yamaha PCY-135 or 155 are cheaper and responsive ... especially in "cycup" mode , where the bell is triggered by a switch  ... but in this mode you have only 2 zones , bell and bow ...

Drumster

Quote from: edtc on March 12, 2017, 01:38:28 AM
Yamaha PCY-135 or 155 are cheaper and responsive ... especially in "cycup" mode , where the bell is triggered by a switch  ... but in this mode you have only 2 zones , bell and bow ...

Thanks edtc. I'm currently using an old Roland 14" crash; so I already get only bow & edge. What ride are you using?

edtc

i m using a Zildjian L80 18"ride ... it s acoustic , so i have all zones without problem... :)

Before , i used a DIY 13" made with 2 metal cymbals ... very responsibe , but too loud ...

I have a PCY-135 as E-hihat ( my main Hihat is a L80 too) , i like it a lot ... i also tried a PCY-155  as a ride , and it works well

Drumster

Mmm, interesting. I've got L80's equipped with stealth triggers; 13" hats & crash & 18" C/R. I know these are pretty popular with lots of players but I could just never get the ride to behave & respond like I expected... unsatisfactory triggering & inconsistent response between bell/bow & having to really hammer the bell & ... just niggling little things I could never get properly sorted out and decided I should go back to rubber.
Like I said, I know the converted bronze is popular & Jman is very helpful etc. and in fact would probably help me again quite freely but frankly, I just got tired of farting around with it all and went back to rubber... which is not much more responsive.
Quite possibly I've got something set up incorrectly or adjusted wrong.
Having said all that - I may give the L's another shot but will also keep an eye out for a decent rubber 3-zone.

edtc

... I use the L80 without any trigger ... just a mike to hear them via my headphones .

Drumster

Ah... I see. Very interesting.

Jman

Quote from: Drumster on March 12, 2017, 04:50:31 PM
Ah... I see. Very interesting.

I like my Pearl Throne Thumper too! I sent you an email about setting up the Stealth L80 3 zone. I can help with setting that up for best response.  J
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Drumster

Had an extended phone call with Jman today and thanks to his extensive understanding of all things 2Box I've not only got a much more accommodating L80 but my Ddrum3 snare pad is working better too!

I am totally impressed not only with Jerry's knowledge but with his immense & helpfulness and patience too. Thank you Jerry!!

Jman

Quote from: Drumster on March 14, 2017, 03:46:07 AM
Had an extended phone call with Jman today and thanks to his extensive understanding of all things 2Box I've not only got a much more accommodating L80 but my Ddrum3 snare pad is working better too!

I am totally impressed not only with Jerry's knowledge but with his immense & helpfulness and patience too. Thank you Jerry!!
My pleasure! Thanks for the positive feedback, J
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/