News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

US 2Box Power Supply

Started by Jman, February 13, 2017, 02:01:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jman

I received a new link for a US power supply for the module. A friend of mine (Mike) like me has purchased a few dif. power supplies for the 2Box. This one is 18VAC 1000MA. The recommended 2Box power supply is 18VAC 500MA. However the adapter must have "at least" 500MA. Using the adapter with 1000MA will not damage the module as the module will only use "what it needs". My friend tells me he prefers this adapter because the cord is a little beefier and the thin cord on some of the adapters is where they develop problems. Anyway, here is a link: http://www.jameco.com/z/ADU180100-2-5-18-VAC-1-Amp-18-Watt-AC-Wall-Adapter_2227621.html
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

welshsteve

I hope they are available over U.K.  I've gone through 2 2box PSU units in over a 12 months. The second one I handled with kid gloves as it took a while to arrive and so I didn't want to go through that panic again. First one just died, there was no obvious break in the cable, just worked one day and didn't the next. Being it's not the type of PSU You can get from any electronics shop I was panicing about what could I do if couldn't find something that would work. It's not just drum samples I play there's a lot of show samples and loops there too. Fortunately Maplin had an ac/ac and I got away with it until the official arrived. And not that bust I had to go back to the spare. It's not quite the same but it works. It's 15v AC/AC. Not sure the Amps but it's probably about 1000ma.
Well tonight as we were playing in a tent on a generator, the kit rebooted about 5 times through the show.
I'm guessing because it's not quite the right voltage and generators don't supply constant voltage exact all the time.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

StudioG4

welshsteve, I hope you carry a line conditioner. It will help you especially with the outdoor gigs. I wouldn't leave home without mine. Not a major investment for peace of mind.

robcod

Just had my adapter delivered per the link. FRIED!!!! NOT GOOD!!!! My 2box fired up and flickered then it smelled of burning and I believe is dead! My old adapter when hooked to a multi-meter read 0.0-0.1 replaced with 18vac 1000mA that is on the end of that link.

Jman

Quote from: robcod on September 28, 2018, 05:06:57 PM
Just had my adapter delivered per the link. FRIED!!!! NOT GOOD!!!! My 2box fired up and flickered then it smelled of burning and I believe is dead! My old adapter when hooked to a multi-meter read 0.0-0.1 replaced with 18vac 1000mA that is on the end of that link.
As I mentioned above. The module requires 500MA. The adapter "Can" supply up to 1000MA..... but the module only uses what it requires. The 1000MA is NOT what caused whatever problem you had. You can do a search on the internet to verify that. 18VAC is important though. Did the module fry the earlier power supply?
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

logihack

Hello...i would also need new power supply for eu zone...i ordered  one here in local shop in Slovenia, but im waiting 10days (not in stock)and they said 2box doesnt responsed on emails. Where can i buy one??? Im without my module now and i need it badly.

edcito

Quote from: logihack on February 21, 2020, 08:35:29 AM
Hello...i would also need new power supply for eu zone...i ordered  one here in local shop in Slovenia, but im waiting 10days (not in stock)and they said 2box doesnt responsed on emails. Where can i buy one??? Im without my module now and i need it badly.

Here you can buy one directly with the distributor:
https://www.hyperactive.de/marken/2box/zubehoer/drumit5-netzteil?c=132

logihack

Thanks for the link, but cant buy it directly from the distributor. No one in eu has it. Its really frustrating. Dont know what to do. Band is on hold 20days and counting :(

edcito

Quote from: logihack on February 26, 2020, 12:16:21 PM
Thanks for the link, but cant buy it directly from the distributor. No one in eu has it. Its really frustrating. Dont know what to do. Band is on hold 20days and counting :(

well in that case contact 2box directly at support@2box-drums.com and explain your situation.

logihack

I did that and i hope tomorrow i will solve this. I was mailing thomann, musicstore.de, but same answers: sold out  :(