News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

HiHat Conversion

Started by newmod, February 10, 2017, 11:45:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

newmod

I came across Zourman HiHat conversion kit. Has anyone here at the forum use it with the Roland VH12?  How about the one for FD-7/8 and VH-11?

ANGR77

Hi!

I let the forum speak if they like the Zourman Drums HH module or not. :-) However after many sold boxes (way beyond my wildest guess) and almost zero support, it seems like the customers like the solution.

There are currently two models available, one for FD-X/VH-11 and one for VH-12.

The function is the same between the models but these hi hats have completly different resistor ranges on the pedal. That is why we had to create two models and to really nail the right hi-hat feeling. VH-12 do also adds support for extra tight hi-hat pressure...but this is not supported by the sounds stored in 2box default. But if you have a adjusted HH sound with an extra tight layer of a closed hi-hat sound - the extra tight function would actually work. (The great mr Jman has a complete guide how to do this) I have to confess that I am not a too big fan the mechanically "clopping" sound coming from VH-12...but with a nice volume in your earphones...no problem!

You can buy it directly from the Zourman.com, Jobeky in the UK, Drum-tec in Germany and Electronic Drum Center in US.

Best regards

Anders / Zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com