News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

The mix in input won't work!

Started by Ryanbell44, January 14, 2017, 03:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryanbell44

Hey guys you're all pretty knowledgable so I figured I'd ask here.
I've been playing to music via connecting to my phone but recently it won't register.
I've tried everything I can think of, checked my phones audio input bought a new cable and even a new 6.35 to 3.55mm adaptor and it still won't work.
Are there any other ways to connect?
Or is it an easy fix?
It's still under warranty but I really don't wanna have to send it off.
Any top tips would be greatly appreciated.
It's fun to practice but i miss playing to music.

edtc

did you check your internal mixer volume for the jack input ?

Ryanbell44

Yeah it's up.
The sound comes out my phone no matter what I do.(iPhone)

welshsteve

If it's coming out of your phone no matter what, it's probably the headphone jack on your phone or the cable. Do you have another device to play through the module to check?
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

edtc

if it s under waranty  , you d better send it when you are busy doing something else ...

You could perhaps buy a cheap small mixer to plug the ipod and Drumit5 ... It s also more handy to have dedicated volumes knobs ...

Ryanbell44

I think you're right and it's the phone. Only had it 4 months so still under warranty!

Ryanbell44

Also I'm currently kinda building my own kit.
Sold off all my 2box pads and bought a mix of Roland and jobeky gear.
Only thing I haven't sorted is the hihat.
Are there any alternatives?
I'm aware of jmans gadget and the 42box but it literally doubles the price of any hihat I want to buy.
Are there any other e-cymbals specifically designed for 2box?

ANGR77

Hi!

To my knowledge there is no manufacturer of e hi-hats who has a working solution for 2box.

The cheapest way to do is maybe to use the components from a existing 2box hi-hat like the pcb, hall sensor from a 2box Hihat. You could then create a similar solution to the Jman offered solution.

If you don't want to spent a lot of time...the Jman or Zourman solution is the best.
In the 42box/Zourman solution we have skipped the Hall effect sensor completely and is using the resistor part on a Roland pedal and convert it to 2box pedal language.

Some of my users have taken the relative cheap FD-8 together with a cy-5 and my box and through this got a bit more cost effective solution.

But a used VH-11 or VH-12  + the ZD box will make the hi-hat feeling optimal. :-)

Best regards

Angr77/ www.zourman.com

Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

edtc

I use this , but without trigger :

https://www.thomann.de/fr/zildjian_l80_low_volume_38_box_set.htm

no latency , realistic feel because its a real hihat ... ok the sound is poorer than a sampled hi hat , but its so much expressive .

I also use the ride ... no more problem with bell triggering ;) 

The volume of the cymbals is not a problem for neighbours .

I added a little microphone above the kit plugged to my mixer so i can have the HH and ride in the headphones .

Also you have 2 more trigger inputs available ... or some extra sounds available via midi if you build special dsounds ( 3  sounds for the cymbal and 2 for the hh )

Ryanbell44

Thanks guys.
Was really hoping to get a jobeky real feel hihat but I guess the only way is to save.
I wish I had the knowledge to dismantle the 2box hihat and transfer the inner workings. Lol