News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

USB mode no sound

Started by paolob, January 06, 2017, 08:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paolob

Hello everyone, I have a problem I can not solve and I hope someone can help me. When I connect the 2box to Windows PC in USB mode, I can not hear any sound. Even opening the kit / Sound Editor Application - Version: 1.0.5 and selecting audio output from the Audio Settings setup menu can not hear when I hit any component so I can not make an adjustment. If I end the USB mode and reboot in normal mode, I hear all the sounds in the headphones.

Thanks for your help and sorry for my bad English  :animal:

edtc

Hello

this is normal ... In USB mode , you can just access the memory inside the module .

To edit sounds , you have to press the pads on the computer's screen ...

From the manual :
USB mode
When  you  connect  the  DrumIt  Five  module  via  USB  to  your  computer  (PC  or  Mac)  and  run  it  in  USB mode, it will be recognized and displayed as a "normal" memory drive. The module now behaves exactly like an external USB hard drive or a card reader. You can e.g. exchange, move and copy the sound files by drag & drop between your computer and your 2BOX module. This makes the management of 2BOX
sounds as easy and straightforward as working with digital photos, MP3s or Office files.

welshsteve

Yes this is true, but if you wanna a cheap option to record drums into a sequencer, a small midi to USB cable is the best and most effective means. Roland do one quite cheap, but cannot remember it's model number. It will have two midi cables (which will connect to the midi out and midi in) of the module and the USB to the module.
On playback though, it's advisable to use the module as the sound, this requires no additional messing about and you can still edit your recording post take. You can of course use a VST plugin (Superior drummer, Ez drummer, BFG, Steven Slate Drums etc) on the midi software on the computer, but you will have to map the midi notes on each channel of the kit to correspond to the sounds on the VST. The hihat function will require the most work for mapping, I never got this spot on but others have. Cymbal choke is another one I never got right too, but I am assured it can be done. So for the less hassle, I used the sounds of the module most of the time.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

JRage

Quote from: welshsteve on January 10, 2017, 01:29:17 AM
Yes this is true, but if you wanna a cheap option to record drums into a sequencer, a small midi to USB cable is the best and most effective means. Roland do one quite cheap, but cannot remember it's model number. It will have two midi cables (which will connect to the midi out and midi in) of the module and the USB to the module.
The model name is Roland UM-ONE, btw.
Posted by some mistake.