News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Voice stealing between pad+rim

Started by charliec, April 17, 2010, 10:00:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scottie

Hi charliec

Do you get the sound cutting off with the samples that shipped with the Unit or just a sample that you have created?

Thanks
Scott

charliec

Quote from: Scottie on April 18, 2010, 08:08:54 PM
Hi charliec

Do you get the sound cutting off with the samples that shipped with the Unit or just a sample that you have created?

Thanks
Scott

NO STEALING with factory sounds... let me make clear that the instrument as shipped sounds amazing and is the best-playing electronic drum system EVER.  I LOVE IT!
:animal:
I've only heard voice-stealing with the sounds I've created using DsountTool over the past couple of days.  If the phenomenon IS occurring within the factory sounds and we just aren't hearing it, then the engineering decisions were absolutely correct; any stealing of rim voices is completely hidden by the similar (but usually louder) tones from the pad voices.

But maybe it's NOT supposed to be happening in the first place, and something about my samples is causing it?  I've noticed that with all of the sounds I've created, the "tune" parameter in the kit only goes DOWN, meaning that the user dsnds can't be pitched upwards.  Some (not all) of the samples I'm using are 24 bit; could this have anything to do with anything?

I will mash my test instrument down to 16 bit to see if that helps the stealing or changes the range of the "tune" parameter.

I am on Intel MacPro 10.5.8 - Drumit Bootloader 1.30 and OS 1.04 - DsoundTool 1.0

The samples I am using originated as 44k or 48k AIFF or WAV files, with length and fade editing, conversion to WAV, and samplerate conversion done yesterday in AudioFinder 4.9.9 and BarbaBatch 4.037.

3drum

I've experienced this phenomena using stock sounds on snare and tom pads. It also happens on cymbals, but very infrequently.

puttenvr

Strange, if each drum has 8 velocities, you never play them all at the same time
And even if you play 4 drums (inc hh) at the same time with 3 voices each, the polyphony of the 2box should be only 8 or 16 voices? I don't believe that

3drum

It only occurs with sounds which are located on the same pad. This voice stealing never happens between 2 separate pads, or cymbal pads.