News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Snare gives "flam" sound with single hits

Started by hesca, October 05, 2016, 05:11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hesca

Hi 2box enthusiasts.

My snare is sounding weird. Single hits will generate a kind of flam.
I´ve tried tightening the screws, to no avail. The oposite, losening them, doesnt work either.

Has anyone had this issue?

It also used to happen with the kick. Single hits would generate a double sound. (But now, my kick is defective, so I can´t test it)

Please help!

Jman

Quote from: hesca on October 05, 2016, 05:11:33 PM
Hi 2box enthusiasts.

My snare is sounding weird. Single hits will generate a kind of flam.
I´ve tried tightening the screws, to no avail. The oposite, losening them, doesnt work either.

Has anyone had this issue?

It also used to happen with the kick. Single hits would generate a double sound. (But now, my kick is defective, so I can´t test it)

Please help!
Check your snare Unit trigger settings. The pic shows the Drumit Five default mesh head settings (OS 1.30). Start off by setting it like that. Test it. If it still has the problem plug one of your tom cables on the back of the module into the snare input. Test that. If the tom does not have the problem when connected to the snare input you probably have a problem with the foam or piezo of the snare. (Oh, and don't worry about how it shows Splash as the instrument type on that pic for a couple of the tom rims, that is just the personal graph/setup I use for my own kit in Drumit Manager, but the trigger parameters and pad types are all default).Hope it helps.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/