News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Newbie help

Started by Ryanbell44, September 15, 2016, 01:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryanbell44

Hey I just got a 2box a few months ago after having Roland for years.
2box sound much better but I'm having so many issues I need help.
Finally got round to doing the software update last weekend and downloaded some more kits off the 2box site.
However when I use a new sample sound it won't let me save the kit.
So now every time I turn it on I have to change all the toms and cymbals to what I like. It's really frustrating.
Also I can't seem to get the bass drum to go loud enough.
It triggers fine but I feel it needs to be louder and as far as I can tell the volume for bass is at max.
I'm really starting to wonder if this is for me.
The drums sound so much better than Roland but user interface is a pain.
If anyone can give me any top tips.
I see a lot of threads regarding technical stuff but it means nothing to me.
The worst part is I truly thought I was alright at computers and technology ha

JRage

Hi and welcome!

To save the kit, you have to enable saving (it is disabled by default as precaution for owner's sake)
Go to UNIT -> PREF and select On with knob and press it.
Posted by some mistake.

Jman

First off I would suggest taking quite a bit of time with the user manual. With any product that is new to you it is pretty important to spend some time getting to know the new product. The manual you want to start with is this one: http://www.2box.se/download/pdf/DrumIt_Five_Manual_1_2x_eng.pdf

There are 2 sections in the manual specific to the individual drum settings. The Kit section is where you can set the volume for the individual instruments, page 33.

The Unit section is where you need to set your trigger type, curve, gain, threshold, etc. for the individual pads to get the best triggering. Be sure your kick is triggering the max. velocity when you are playing it the hardest. That starts on page 47 of the manual.
Edit: You also have the internal Mixer section, that is on page 45. In the Mixer you could adjust all the different instrument volumes if needed. Changing the individual Kit instrument volumes like I mentioned in the Kit section though automatically changes the volume in the internal Mixer.

Hope it helps.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Ryanbell44

Thanks for your help guys I will get studying. :)

welshsteve

WELCOME TO THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF 2BOX OWNERS

We are a friendly bunch, never have I witnessed the angry responses you'd expect (and always seem to get) from making a comment on a Youtube video. Lots of knowledgable folk here, maybe your use of the 2box module be as pleasant as mine (and I'd go as far to say everyone else's here!)

Steve

:patbat2box:
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

Ryanbell44

Took me awhile but I get most of it. Got everything set up as I want and got things saving.
My latest issue is the bass drum pad.
I'm getting a lot of double triggering due to the bounce of the mesh.
Anything I can do to counter this?
I've tried adjusting the sensitivity and gain but to no effect.
What can I do to stop the damn thing wobbling?

Ryanbell44

One last thing, how many additional cymbals and drums pads can I add to the 2box.
When I purchased it I was under the impression quite a few however looking at the unit it only says cymbal 1-3 and toms 1-4.
Yet there are still plenty of unused plugs on the back of the module.

Jman

Quote from: Ryanbell44 on September 20, 2016, 04:03:49 PM
One last thing, how many additional cymbals and drums pads can I add to the 2box.
When I purchased it I was under the impression quite a few however looking at the unit it only says cymbal 1-3 and toms 1-4.
Yet there are still plenty of unused plugs on the back of the module.
Not sure I really understand this question, but if you want to add more to the 2Box module you can split the tom inputs as described in this thread: http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,2628.msg22263.html#msg22263
3ea. 3zone cymbals is the limit.

Jman

Quote from: Ryanbell44 on September 20, 2016, 04:00:25 PM
Took me awhile but I get most of it. Got everything set up as I want and got things saving.
You were talking about buying the 2Box Module months ago. Did you buy just the module and are using other pads, or are you talking about 2Box pads here? Did you buy new? If not, is your module the latest OS 1.30? Easier to help with more info.

welshsteve

Quote from: Ryanbell44 on September 20, 2016, 04:00:25 PM
Be sure to have the right Kick trig setting, Kick 1 or Kick 2 are for the pad. One of them is for faster playing, like double bass pedals, not sure which but I'll guess it's Kick 1. You shouldn't be getting double triggering unless your threashold is too low and it's seeing the bounce of the beater as a hit. Also check the curve, NORM is the mid setting. That failing, you can adjust the mask time but it might kill off intended hits.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!