News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Can't Find Power Supply?!

Started by downbytheriver, September 10, 2016, 04:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

downbytheriver

Hey Guys, I ordered a diablo drum kit from drum-tec with the 2box module after doing a bunch of research. Unfortunately it shipped with the EU power. I know i need 18vAC 500mA so I ordered one off amazon.
It didn't fit into the module :(

I then bought an adapter to convert the 2box power supply from EU/sweedish to Canadian ... but when I first turn on the module it has a song constantly playing, crackling audio, and the screen is flickering. No way to stop the song and seems like the adapter isn't working.

Not sure what to do now, I can't seem to find anything online. Starting to regret going down this journey, $550 import fee from ordering from drum-tec too. This 2box is turning out to be a bigger money pit than a used car! lol

Ugh! Any help would be much appreciated.

Jman

Quote from: downbytheriver on September 10, 2016, 04:46:16 PM
Hey Guys, I ordered a diablo drum kit from drum-tec with the 2box module after doing a bunch of research. Unfortunately it shipped with the EU power. I know i need 18vAC 500mA so I ordered one off amazon.

I then bought an adapter to convert the 2box power supply from EU/sweedish to Canadian ... but when I first turn on the module it has a song constantly playing, crackling audio, and the screen is flickering. No way to stop the song and seems like the adapter isn't working.

Not sure what to do now, I can't seem to find anything online. Starting to regret going down this journey, $550 import fee from ordering from drum-tec too. This 2box is turning out to be a bigger money pit than a used car! lol

Ugh! Any help would be much appreciated.

Where are you located, are you looking for a US type adapter? If so, you can get one here: http://www.emtcompany.com/spec-lin-l4d180050-ac-power-supply-charger-adapter/1008053.html
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

downbytheriver

I'm located in Canada … thanks I'll check out that link

downbytheriver

Anyone know of any with fast shipping to Canada? Thanks much !

hotchap

Quote from: downbytheriver on September 10, 2016, 09:43:46 PM
I'm located in Canada … thanks I'll check out that link

I ordered mine from Long and Mcquade in Canada, nearing 2 years and not had any issues since.

Coda

Quote from: downbytheriver on September 10, 2016, 04:46:16 PM
I know i need 18vAC 500mA so I ordered one off amazon.
Sucks. Do you have a soldering iron or have a friend who does? Get a correct size barrel connector from somewhere (ebay, digikey) and replace the bad one.

downbytheriver

Hey guys thanks for the help! I ended up finding one at my parents house that was old AF , but seems to work great.

LOVING the 2box!! now time to dive into loading in my own kits :)

Coda

Quote from: downbytheriver on September 22, 2016, 11:32:35 PM
Hey guys thanks for the help! I ended up finding one at my parents house that was old AF , but seems to work great.
Be careful. If that PSU has a DC rather than AC output it may appear to work for a while, but then you might end up destroying the regulator inside the module. I've seen reports of that happening on this forum.