News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

2Box Brass Cymbals

Started by Sharkuel, December 26, 2016, 12:21:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharkuel

Hello there peeps, and Merry christmas!

So, I was wondering something. Possibly you people have already tried it, but I haven't found anything here, and I want to know if soldering a wire from the ring directly to the cymbal surface, just touching the cymbal should be enough to trigger a choke. So, basically you're grounding the cymbal to trigger the cut-off note.

Have you tried this? I am waiting for some trs male jacks and piezos, and I have an old cymbal here that I could put to use. I will try it when the stuff arrives, but if someone can confirm this, it would be awesome. :)

edtc

hello ... even if it s chrismas , it wont work ... :)

it could work , but you'd have to wear metal gloves and plug them to the "sleeve" of the jack ... :animal:

Sharkuel

Well, crap. xD though it would be pretty awesome if such happened. Worth a shot, though.

I think I will apply a sheet underneath the cymbal then, and make holes on the isolating foam between on the edges. Guess that's the only way I can get a full choke strip around the cymbal

edtc

yes , this is one good way ...

by the way , choking isnt that much important if you dont play some sort of metal or hardcore stuff ...

more important is to have an edge sensor , working well when you hit the edge ...

That will give you a 2 zones trigger : edge for crash sound , an bow for ride/crash  sound ...