News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

2box module newbie question

Started by runedog, July 31, 2016, 09:04:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

runedog

Morning Guys,

Just changed from a Roland to a 2Box module and I need help with an issue that probably sounds simple to you guys:

After having the setup (Diamond Drums plus 2Box module) working OK yesterday, I switched on this morning and snare, bass drum and (Gen) cymbals are working fine but I'm not getting anything from Tom 1 and Tom 2?

Can anyone help with this please and do I need to go into UNIT and if so, what do I alter please?

Many thanks

ANGR77

Hi!

Sounds strange if it worked yesterday...but not today.

Go into the unit mode. Click page down once...and you will be at the trigger page.

If you try to hit Tom 1 and have signal you will see the settings for Tom 1 show up. If not, you can force 2box to jump to the Tom 1 settings by pressing Tom 1 on the buttons on 2box.

If you see the settings on Tom 1 I would guess that you will use the pad12 settings and a threshold around -35. Test!

Do the same for Tom 2.

Don't forget to save the settings. (This is probably what you missed yesterday) you do this on the first unit page.

Best Regards

Angr77 / Zourman.com

Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

runedog

Thank you so much for getting back. Yes, you were right, I had not saved the settings. All fine now again

Thanks very much
Graham

Ryanbell44

Bit random but I'm a 2box newbie to.
Having some issues was hoping someone could help.
Got mine last week and after spending a week getting it set up and learning how to tweak and improve sensitivity etc I finally invite my friend over for a jam.
Half way through the hihat decided it wanted to constantly trigger and I can't figure out how to stop it.
Even does it when nothing is being hit.
Also the snare stopped responding.
I love the sounds of the toms and snare and hihat but the cymbals are terrible.
Kinda the opposite of the Roland td25kv.
What am I doing wrong?
Can anyone help.

runedog

I use Gen16s with mine so sadly cannot help
Graham

Jman

Quote from: Ryanbell44 on August 14, 2016, 12:32:27 PM
Bit random but I'm a 2box newbie to.
Having some issues was hoping someone could help.
Got mine last week and after spending a week getting it set up and learning how to tweak and improve sensitivity etc I finally invite my friend over for a jam.
Half way through the hihat decided it wanted to constantly trigger and I can't figure out how to stop it.
Even does it when nothing is being hit.
Also the snare stopped responding.
I love the sounds of the toms and snare and hihat but the cymbals are terrible.
Kinda the opposite of the Roland td25kv.
What am I doing wrong?
Can anyone help.
I would suggest starting a new thread for these two issues. And give more detailed info like if you are using the original 2Box pads, or the type of pads you are using, plus whether it is a brand new module or one you bought used. etc. Also posting your trigger parameters you have set for the snare and Hi Hat.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/