News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

affects not working for 2box kits

Started by crosstix73, June 25, 2016, 01:39:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crosstix73

ok. when  I  try  to  apply  any  effects  on  akit, or  kit  piece.
the  effects  are  not  being  applied, for  some  reason.
it  would  be  great, if  someone  could  let  me  know  what  to  check  for, of  why  the  affects  are  not  working.
I  am  leagaly  blind, so  maybe  someone  can  really  tell  me  step  by  step  of  what  to  do, to  make  the  affects  finally  work, for  my  new  2box  module?
I  thank  anyone  who  can  help  me  with  my  issue
p.s.   I  already  tried  to  go  to  the  page  where  I  should  be  able  to  apply  affects, i.e..  press  b1  to  select  affect  type, then  use  d1  to  select  then  d2  then  d3  for  volume .
I  need  some  troubleshooting  help  for  this  issue..

Lustar

It's possible that the main FX volume was set to 0 in Unit: unit, B2 2, D1. There's also the FX volume for each kit: kit, down 3, D1.

crosstix73

ok.  so  I  got  the  flanger  effect  to  work  on  the  snare.
now  how  do  I  apply  echo  or  reverb  on  snare?
is  there  a  way  I  can  apply  affects  on  whole  kit, or  can  I  only  do  affects  1  kit  piece  at  a  time?
is  there  a  way  to  use  affects  for  2box  kits  from  my  dtxtreme  III  module, from  Yamaha?
the  Yamaha  module  has  a  much  greater  selection  of  eq  and  effects.
if  there  is  no  way  to  use  affects  from  my  Yamaha  module, then  I  will  try  putting some  addictive   vst  sounds  in  the  2box.

Lustar

There's only echo and flanger on the DrumIt Five. On the effect page B1 is used to select the type between echo and flanger for each kit piece.
If you're looking to add reverb to the 2box kits it's possible to use DSound Tuner. It can be used to apply a simple reverb effect to one or several .dsnd files. It creates new files next to the original .dsnd.
To export from Addictive Drums there are some accessibility keys in SDSE and a custom contect menu to select the kit pieces:
F9: focus on the VST list, to select the drum VST
F10: open the Addictive Drums main menu
F11: open a SDSE menu to select kit pieces in Addictive Drums

rhysT

Quote from: crosstix73 on June 26, 2016, 06:00:37 PM
ok.  so  I  got  the  flanger  effect  to  work  on  the  snare.
now  how  do  I  apply  echo  or  reverb  on  snare?
is  there  a  way  I  can  apply  affects  on  whole  kit, or  can  I  only  do  affects  1  kit  piece  at  a  time?
is  there  a  way  to  use  affects  for  2box  kits  from  my  dtxtreme  III  module, from  Yamaha?
the  Yamaha  module  has  a  much  greater  selection  of  eq  and  effects.
if  there  is  no  way  to  use  affects  from  my  Yamaha  module, then  I  will  try  putting some  addictive   vst  sounds  in  the  2box.

The dtxtreme effects can only be added to its internal kit sounds, however you may be interested in an effects module I've been using with my DM10 kits, that allows easy selection of useful presets: http://www.alesisdrummer.com/index.php?topic=6153.0

Coda

I've got nothing to add to the conversation but I am curious how you are typing 2 spaces in between words. Is this a cultural thing where you are from, or is it you are typing on a C64? :)

crosstix73

is  it  easier  to  read  my  posts ? i  thought  it  would  be  like  me  not  making  my  posts , not  sounding  like  a  run on  sentence . someone  from  another  drum  forum, made  a  comment  saying  when  i  make  my  posts, i  sound  like  a  run  on  sentence. was  trying  to  help  users  not  being  so  confused , while  reading  my  posts, cuz  i  dont  use  any  or  very  little  punctuation .

Coda

Hey, I don't find it easier or harder, it just looks a bit different when one is used to standard single spacing. However, it's all good, as long as people understand what you're saying and give you some latitude (not attitude :P) when they don't, there's no problem :)