News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Comments on my envisaged setup...

Started by signature, April 10, 2010, 08:20:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

signature

I am thinking of buying a drumit 5.

However I would like to have the following configuration to match my acoustic kit:

kick
snare
hi hat
3 cymbals
4 toms

What are your thoughts?

Will the brain cope? are there any limitations? Will the rack cope? Is it an option to buy a standard gibraltar rack so i can also use it for my acoustic kit?

I would love to hear read your thoughts.

Regards from down under

puttenvr

In combination with an acoustic kit I would certainly use a sturdy rack.
The number of toms and cymbals you plan to use will fit on the module BUT (at this moment) only 5 piece standard kits are available. Later on this year (not sure about Australia though) extra toms and cymbals can be bought

signature

Thanks again puttenvr...the salesman indicated that extras are available, as he quoted me prices for the extra pads etc. But maybe he had not yet checked out the availability of them.

I was thinking of buying individual components without the rack and adding the rack on, but perhaps this is also not possible. :P Nevermind, as the lightweight easily transportable rack that comes with it is also very interesting to me!
:D

I thought I read somewhere that there were not enough outputs on the module for the items i listed....?????

fishmonkey

there are definitely 3 cymbal inputs (plus hihat), and 4 tom inputs...

puttenvr

Quote from: signature on April 11, 2010, 12:31:34 AMI thought I read somewhere that there were not enough outputs on the module for the items i listed....?????

There are 6 outputs

spoenk

with the next update their should be 8 individual outputs ... it will be possible to use PHONES as an additional line out ...

signature

OK thanks gents,

In summary there are sufficient inputs for the set I envisage (10), but there is not an output for each instrument to go to a mixer (currently limited to 6) - so presumably we can just send several inputs to one output.

Sorry if the answers to my questions are obvious, as I am still learning about e-kits.

puttenvr

Quote from: signature on April 11, 2010, 08:56:51 AM
In summary there are sufficient inputs for the set I envisage (10),

When you skip the RIM function on a pad, you can even connect (for instance) 2 tom pads to 1 input.

but there is not an output for each instrument to go to a mixer (currently limited to 6) - so presumably we can just send several inputs to one output.
As with acoustic drums you group the outputs on a mixer,
[1-2] kick & snare
[3-4] toms
[5-6] hh & cymbals

Or any other configuration you like

signature

Will the preloaded kits have sufficient sounds to match my envisaged configuration?

For example, does the Roxanne kit have 4 toms such as 10, 12, 14 and 16 inch? And 2 crash cymbals plus ride?

Or is there a workaround? I have seen several YouTube videos where extra toms are used, such as in the drumit Namm drum-off!

Regards

puttenvr

All tom toms come with 4 sizes
There are various cymbals inside the module too
And you can assign any instrument to any pad (input) you like

Yes, most kits have 4 toms and when they don't you can make them
It's an open system
Hurrah

hwasser

use outputs like this when u have 8 outputs in next update:

1: snare
2: kick