News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Can I use 2Box with Simmons Hex pads ?

Started by Tardis61, April 16, 2023, 08:14:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tardis61

Total novice here, just acquired (2) Simmons Hex replica's, and would like to incorporate into my acoustic kit and also add triggers. Would the 2Box drum module work with my pads ?     Thank you

welshsteve

no reason why not,  99% of drum pads follow the same piezo based design at the core of it. I'm guessing they'll be single zone, i.e. no rim?
Which drumit module do you have?
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

Tardis61

I haven't purchased yet, but looking at the Drumit 3. Thank you very much for replying.

welshsteve

Yep, you'll be fine. Probably one of the "RUB" trigger types would be the optimum for this. Can't say for sure, but it's pretty versatile. Acoustic heads are the most tricky to get right, so you'll have no issue.

So replica Simmons pads eh? I'm intrigued. I had an idea for a modern version of a Simmons pad, as they seem to be coming back in fashion (and as such, fetch HUGE money online) I would love to connect with someone who's got a 3d printer to perhaps make it happen. If I manage it, the idea in my head would be far superior to the classic design, but will look the same.

A project for the future I should really look into.

Tardis61

Thank you again, and can't wait to see your hex pads

welshsteve

If I ever get it made. Got a pretty decent design idea though, not sure if it'll work in practice. It'll be multi zone too, similar to the Yamaha TP and XP pads as I think that design was so underrated.