News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Help with SSD4 please.

Started by Digs, June 21, 2016, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Digs

I recently purchased Steven Slate Drums 4 platinum edit. I started to edit some sounds by adding layers, all was working fine. Started again the following day and now none of the layered sounds play when clicking on any of the drums. This even happens on preset kits that have layers. I'm  a bit confused as to what I've done, I can't find where to switch layers on or off. Any ideas?

Jman

Quote from: Digs on June 21, 2016, 05:54:25 PM
I recently purchased Steven Slate Drums 4 platinum edit. I started to edit some sounds by adding layers, all was working fine. Started again the following day and now none of the layered sounds play when clicking on any of the drums. This even happens on preset kits that have layers. I'm  a bit confused as to what I've done, I can't find where to switch layers on or off. Any ideas?
Are you saying NO SOUND at all plays when clicking on the drums, or just ONE VELOCITY layer is sounding? Almost All 2Box .dsnds have multiple velocity layers. Are you talking about velocity layers? I'm not sure if I understand exactly what you are talking about.

If you are saying you only hear the Top velocity layer there are a few things I can think of that can be set in the module that cause that:
1. If the Velocity Curve is set to Max1 or Max2.
2. If the Gain is set so high that you are triggering max velocity on every hit.
3. On a per kit basis if the Layer setting is Top you will only get the top layer of the sound file.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Digs

Sorry if I didn't explain very clearly. When I say layers I mean, extra snares, kicks etc. Where you can drag sounds into the empty slots down each side of the construct kit page. For example slate metal 06 kit has kick birch hard 22 on the kbass drum and kick 10 NRG, as a layer sound. Both these should sound when I click on the bass drum but the extra kick 10 NRG does not play. I have just noticed that all layers play correctly on the SSD4 grove page but still not on the construct kit page. Hope this all makes sense.

eyerichards

Quote from: Digs on June 21, 2016, 05:54:25 PM

Hi Digs,
I use SSD4 and I was wondering if after you added the extra snares kicks etc did you save the new kit because if you shut the program down I think it returns to the preset.When your hitting the drums the layered snare etc should light up at the side  as well as the main snare.

Digs

Yes I did save the kit, plus the problem also happens when loading preset kits. Only the main sound is heard not the layered sound on the side buttons, they don't light up either.

eyerichards

Quote from: Digs on June 23, 2016, 06:30:28 PM
Yes I did save the kit, plus the problem also happens when loading preset kits. Only the main sound is heard not the layered sound on the side buttons, they don't light up either.

Hmmm, I think it could be time to hit up Slate drums support. This will sound stupid but have you checked the audio routing in your daw. Just wondered if it might have switched to another output by accident.