News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

HH problem

Started by sn47som, March 12, 2016, 04:57:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sn47som

Hey guys, all of a sudden my hihat went from working well to bad. I used to have full open/close functionality with a smooth transition but now I only get open; whether the pedal is open, half closed, fully closed and foot strokes. I only get an open sound.

I did delete a lot of sound samples and songs off the module but never any system files or anything. Are there any files that correspond with the hi hat? Why does it all of a sudden work like poop? I have been playing e drums triggering bfd and superior drummer but that shouldn't mess up the local hihat configuration afterwards right? I have re calibrated and recalibrated. I am totally lost now. Any help would be amazing. Thank you

edtc

check the cable or the internal wiring

sn47som

Internal wiring, what internal wiring? Its just a cable connection to the module. I hope you don't mean inside the module I'm not messin with that. I shouldn't have to anyway.

Any other suggestions for hh config like trigger or hh settings? I noticed the hi hat felt has gotten pretty worn down

Jman

This does not sound like something that will be solved by some settings in the module. As edtc was referring to, it is most likely either a bad TRS cable or the Hi Hat needs repaired/replaced. If you take a TRS cable from one of the drums that you know both head and rim zones are working and try that in place of the TRS cable of your Hi Hat ..... if it works it is the cable that is bad. If it doesn't work your Hi Hat itself will probably need to be repaired/replaced. If the Hi Hat or kit is still under warranty you should look into that.
Here is a previous thread where the Hi Hat acted the same way: http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,2371.msg20984.html#msg20984
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

sn47som

Yes I was going to start troubleshooting with other known working cables. But before I even had to get to that I was talking to Lustar and hes a genius :) i told him I switched the factory cable for a higher quality one but he hinted at the fact that it may be a mono cable! He was right and that was the problem. The cable needs to be stereo!

Jman

Quote from: sn47som on March 16, 2016, 02:35:24 PM
Yes I was going to start troubleshooting with other known working cables. But before I even had to get to that I was talking to Lustar and hes a genius :) i told him I switched the factory cable for a higher quality one but he hinted at the fact that it may be a mono cable! He was right and that was the problem. The cable needs to be stereo!
Yes, Lustar is Great! No argument there. But if you would have clicked on the link I gave you in my previous post you would have read this:
Just as a side note here. This would mainly apply to people that are using the 2Box Hi Hat and module but have changed over still using a kit from a different brand. The 2Box Hi Hat requires a TRS (stereo) cable. Some other edrum systems supply a TS (mono) cable for the HH control pedal. The 2Box Hi Hat if hooked up with a TS cable will not calibrate ..... exactly like described in this thread.
Glad you got it fixed. J
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

AndyMo

Just for info - and not the same root problem. However, the other week as I was setting up for a gig, I hit the same problem. I started to panic as we had limited set up time and I wondered what on earth was going. We'd rehearsed a few days before without any problems. I solved it by going through the hihat calibration routine. I have no idea why this was necessary - but it did fix the problem. I've had that happen twice now but don't know why...

Cheers,
Andy