News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Transporting E Cymbals?

Started by NewEDrummer, April 15, 2016, 11:57:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NewEDrummer

Hi guys,
Anyone using e cymbals in their live set ups,
Wanna share what they use to transport them?
I've looked for purpose built soft cases etc
Nothing really out there, I am currently using
A 16" floor Tom soft padded bag which works pretty
Well but would prefer something a bit more purpose
Built. Perhaps there is a market for something like this?

hemiboy

Union makes a decent inexpensive cymbal bag for regular cymbals .  8 compartments, don't think it matters real or e cymbals, going from a to b, right. As long as they get there safe, right?

NewEDrummer

Hi thanks for the reply,
I have tried my soft cym case
And also tried my Hardcase erm Hardcase hehe
but the e cymbals have a larger depth which doesn't allow the cymbals to
Rest snugly on top of each other,
I was thinking 15x15" square and 2 foot long
With slots inside to place them in,
Time to design my own me thinks.

hemiboy

Yeah, that might be the way to go. Another option might be to grab 2 cheaper cases and store some in each . the cymbal bag from Union at Cascio interstate Music was really inexpensive, Quality? Don't know. Just looked at pics on the Inet.  Like you said , there really isn't a cymbal case specifically for e cymbals. I use converted "real cymbals" so a generic bag should work for me. I don't gig, so I am grabbing some drum and cymbal bags just to store. After all my work building up my big kit, I am thinking of casing them up and downsizing with some pintech pads and my 2 box modules.

sddon

Hey guys, I use a 16 inch fibre tom case. Got it lined with 1 inch foam and then got some 2 inch thick foam discs made. Cymbals can be sandwiched between the foam which then compresses down when you put the lid on and hold cymbals in place. I looked at the hardware type cases on the market but didn't think they would give the edge of the cymbals much protection.
Works well for me.

Cheers

sd

NewEDrummer

That sounds the way to go buddy,
Cheers for your help.

wildhorse5678

Why keep cymbals separate from pads. I use a Protection  Racket edrum case for my 2box pads. Cymbals and brain unit. Thomann also do good one for edrums under their Millenium brand. Its bit bigger than the P racket 14“ tall. Im actually using it to carry 2 toms and snare from an acoustic jungle kit that i use triggit triggers with.

NewEDrummer

I use a converted Diamond Drums Tama kit so can't put all in one case,
I'm not that strong 👍
The padded floor Tom case works great will check out the options you have mentioned.