News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Problem with midi output

Started by nonoduweb, April 05, 2010, 09:53:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nonoduweb

Hi

I have (perhaps) a problem with the midi output of the module: when I record on my computer (with cubase), some notes are missing and others are recorded in a erratic way. On the other hand, the module seems to read correctly.
With my roland spd-20, the recording is ok.

Someone can help?

nonoduweb

So did someone try to record the 2box by the midi? Or use a midi software like BFD?

spoenk

i recorded MIDI data from 2box - everything is fine, the only thing is that everything is recorded one octave lower than the 2box module says...

what's erratic in the recordings?

nonoduweb

Thanks for your reply!

When I record on the computer, some notes are missing and others wich are not in the module map are recorded (for ex. C#0 or C0).

I tried today to connect the midi input to the midi output of the module directly (as a loop) and all works good when I play (with local mode off).
So it may be a problem with my computer or the sound card....

hwasser

Sounds weird it would be your soundcard or computer. Remember MIDI is not a sound signal, it is just data (information), a protocoll.

Try another VST, or experiment a little with the settings (in vst and/or module).

nonoduweb

Quote from: hwasser on April 07, 2010, 12:30:12 PM
Sounds weird it would be your soundcard or computer. Remember MIDI is not a sound signal, it is just data (information), a protocoll.

Try another VST, or experiment a little with the settings (in vst and/or module).

Yes I'll try different settings, but I wonder If all midi signals are fully compatible... Perhaps my Soundblaster 16 is too old for the module  ::)? (and not for my SPD-20)

spoenk

sounds like maybe there is some mapping active or some MIDI filter in your recording software?

but then the TD wouldn't work either?

good luck finding a solution...

fishmonkey

it will help to use a program to check what MIDI messages your computer is receiving...

some free options:

if you are on a Mac, try MIDI Monitor:
http://www.snoize.com/MIDIMonitor/

for Windows, there's MIDI-OX:
http://www.midiox.com/

nonoduweb

Thanks a lot!

Just tested the software. All is ok now, it was a bug with a midi cable.